Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: DL T6 and IPTV

ok..thanks. so definitely the playlist loader probably the issue but the M3U is good? yea, only those 3 channels I mentioned came in the many others I clicked on did nothing or gave a error message. so, the plan is to use simple iptv with mx player? thanks

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeep91 View Post
    ok..thanks. so definitely the playlist loader probably the issue but the M3U is good? yea, only those 3 channels I mentioned came in the many others I clicked on did nothing or gave a error message. so, the plan is to use simple iptv with mx player? thanks
    check my added info on my last post.
    That MXPlayer install is giving me issues.
    Right now I am trying the VLC apk install.. since I had that one already on my USB drive.

You can try that SimpleIPTV app and the MXPlayer install.
    If you have that SimpleIPTV app on your T6 ... if not you will need to get that apk and install as I outlined in how to install apk thru the Appinstaller.
    Google search SimpleIPTV apk and you prolly will find it.
    You may have better luck with the MXPlayer download then I had

Meantime I am gonna continue with this VLC install and will report back.

You should have gotten channels to show thou, besides those 3
    Every channel i turned to with the Playlist Loader did work, but navigation and things were just too slow.
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 11-16-2017 at 08:43 PM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Ok. Read the added post. For the app not appearing maybe the usb drive needs to be formatted? Has happened in the past to me. Also, sometimes tbe usb drive needs to have lots of memory left in it..happened also. Well if no other changes between now and then i will follow your instructions when i get home for the iptv. Thanks

still on it bud.
    Your USB fixes are spot on... I did what you said already too.
    I got side tracked with this VLC Player thou. It did load okay, but having trouble accessing it.

With all the info here thou, yes you can use all that and see what kinda results you get.

Important.. when you load an apk file, look for it after loading, in that same Program -- Android Apps menu.
    If loading thru Kodi and a zip file or repo, then afterwards look for it in Video Addons
    I think is how that works... I got so much things happening right now with this T6 testing I am getting con=fused
    I will be alright thou and eventually will get some good results
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

You should just use Kodi with PVR IPTV Simple Client.
    Type in the Playlist URL address in the PVR settings and use this address in the PVR EPG Guide settings;

hxxps://raw.githubusercontent.com/kens13/epg/master/guide_kens.xml
    (*Change hxxps: to https: )

That will get you started. Then you can make a modified playlist to adjust channel numbers etc.

I also recommend Perfect Player(Google Playstore)
    /kens

Ok. So, not sure how but now getting more channels..though slow functions. trying the pvr simple method. The pvr was already in the repositories when installed superrepo. Followed directions...tried iptv reset but the pvr keeps default ing to disabled. When i was done with settings rebooted but nothing happened. So for now the playlistloader is the only one working. I also foumd that i have to have the usb plugged into receiver else the playlist loader wont be seen. Is there a way to install the loader onto the receiver?

In regards to the epg...like right now the channels have names like espn, tnt, disney, hbo west, east etc...so by getting an epg function what will that do..little confused

That Playlist Loader Player is installed thru Kodi , from that superRepo (or other repo).
    You got that Player from the SuperRepo didn't you ?
    If so then it should be found in your Video Addons area on the Kodi Bar

It is the m3u Playlist itself, that stays on the uSB device.
    An m3u playlist, is simply a gathering of web address' with each specific to one channel. When you change the channel on your remote, the player gets the web address from that Playlist. That is really the only function the Playlist does, is to supply the addresses.

With some Players, you can enter the actual address that the complete Playlist came from (ie the Generic M3U file address from Rocket, the one you generated when you deleted your MAC and choose a Playlist). Then you do not need that Playlist in hand,the Player will connect to that address you generated.
    That Playlist Loader will do that, I never tried that way with it thou. But it asks you upon start up weather you wanna connect thru URL or thru Local... with Local being the USB and Playlist in hand method.
    It also has a place to enter an EPG URL , and that is what kens was mentioning.

I would retry using the PVR IPTV Simple Client which kens also mentions.
    Be careful on which is the app thou, there are many apps with similar name... PVR Stalker, Simple IPTV, Simple TV, Simple TV Client, IPTV STB and the list goes on.
    Ensure that it is ..... PVR IPTV Simple Client.

That Perfect Player kens mentioned may be worth trying to get installed too.
    That one to get from Google Store.. you would need a web browser installed thru Kodi on the T6 to access google store, then the store installs the Perfect Player application direct onto your Kodi for you.
    So you would need to get a Browser installed onto your T6 and Kodi. That prolly would need to be done thru an apk load or thru a Kodi repo that has a browser included. Or find that Player included in a Kodi Repo or addon (zip) form (google search may help with that)
    The T6 is not the best when it comes to running apps or installs and such things with its older version Android Operating System and its older version Kodi.
    Is generally why I prefer the apk download method on the T6 as appossed to the Browsers and things.
    If the apk version of any app or Player can be found, then it is just a simple process to load that apk file onto the T6... (no messing around with Kodi or Browsers or errors or a confused T6)..... well lets not count my recent mishap loading an apk... lol ... I had a few corrupt file transfers

Some things are hard to find other then thru Google Playstore thou.
    Perfect Player can be found online in apk form

That git hub link kens supplied will give you more then just channel identifier names, as you only see now thru that Player.
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 11-17-2017 at 07:06 PM.
    - Frank Zappa

So, triee2 the simple iptv apk and mx player. Once simple iptv was loaded via the usb o opened it and asked for url which o entered the url from tje playlist from code checker for the m3u. Also downloaded mx player and when go to mx player it shows sda 1 folder and sd1 folder both say new. I click on it and just get a revolving signal but no video. Probly doing something wrong?? The pvr iptv simple addon just wont work either. I think might be that since still on kodi 15 . to ne continued 😀

Ok. Simple iptv apk working now with mx player. A little faster function wise than pl loader . only thing of course is no epg to see what is on. Guess i have to continue to figure out pvr simple client. Maybe need to upgrade kodi to 17.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234