Angry 205 Fox News ........ALWAYS FREEEZING

It seems like months this channel is always freezing , Anyone else with this issue ? I have a 100meg service so it's definitely not speed related .

Is there another IKS66 server I can try ?

TV Addicted
    110 meg service don't mean crap..... Providers do not guarantee that. Just that you could get those speeds. I found out by accident that many providers across the country are laying fibre. Been doing so since June of this year. This work will affect everyone's speed while this is being done as the IP Providers are switching over to the new lines. I found this out when I renewed my agreement with my provider. FNC is not the only one freezing. It seems to be that all the HD channels have that problem when the speed drops off. So maybe check with your provider on any upgrading being done with their systems before passing blame here. As I said the nationwide upgrades to fibre for my carrier should be done sometime in December. Other carriers could be done or take longer. I just know they are all doing this to increase capacity and speed so passing on what I know. Have a great day!

I understand , but if that was the case then all channels would be freezing .

Quote Originally Posted by debug337 View Post
    What is your internet provider?

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by debug337 View Post
    Not actually. The Sd channels don't need as much speed as the HD ones. FNC HD takes more than WGN News as an example. Many times I have flipped to a lower quality channel and had no problems when the higher quality channels were acting up. Now, I am in no way excusing the service. They have had and will have occasional trouble. That said, I use the speed test on my Mag. (Inner Portal) I will run one test after another if I get frustrated. Test one might be 5.5 meg, (I only have 6 meg service. Don't need any more than that for TV, Magic Jack, And roam around on the computer at the same time.), Then I run it a second time and I see 2 meg and change. Then again and it shows less than 2 meg. Run again and I see 3.5 meg. This is what I have noticed with my IP Provider. In my area, the IP Providers are scheduled to be done by first week of December. That said it seems all factories and businesses always run behind so I made my own deadline and do not expect to be back to 100% till the first of the year. And as I said, all the providers are doing it from the info I received. I will not share my IP company. That is a moot point to do so.