Junoir Member

you must lock channels to view this category"

I am having an issue on live tv where it locks up and says "you must lock channels to view this category"......sometimes it freezes up, and sometimes all the channel categories disappear except for locked channels and favorites folder. In clicking on locked channel folder nothing happens......the only way I have found to restore live tv function is to factory reset.....Has anyone seen this? Has anyone uncovered why this happens?? Thanks so much in advance and sorry for popping in during ongoing discussions of other issues......

Ambassador
    I don't have a 3000 but it happened to me last night on the 2000 and it isn't a glitch. It simply means when you scroll to lock channels category that is the message you will see. You will lock yourself out if you click OK and keep pressing other buttons on the remote. You don't have to reset anything.

TV Addicted
    I have the 3000 and have not experienced this, of course I have nothing in the locked category so when I select it it does nothing. I'm not exactly sure why there is a locked category. The only channels I can think of that anyone would want to lock are the adult channels and they are already pre-locked under the adult category (which I find quite annoying).

Junoir Member
    I wasn't in the adults at the time.....and certainly must have done something to provoke the problem.....just haven't been able to figure out how to undo it/get back full live tv content accessibility without a factory reset. Thanks for the replies friends!!!!!

Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by concise View Post
    I wasn't in the adults at the time.....and certainly must have done something to provoke the problem.....just haven't been able to figure out how to undo it/get back full live tv content accessibility without a factory reset. Thanks for the replies friends!!!!!
    you dont have to be in adults to have a locked channel.
    I was stuck once as I had locked a channel when trying to get out of record as the same colour is used to lock channels as record
    when you are in group check locked channels and see if you have any that should not be
    Last edited by NBS; 11-11-2017 at 06:29 PM.