Junoir Member

Smile Rocket IPTV on Android TV set with Kodi...

Hi Guys - I am trying to setup my Rocket donation on my Sony Android smart TV. I have Kodi already on it, but beyond this point I am pretty much at a loss as to what to do. Do I still need an emulator of some sort? Are there any instructions out there that would help? Thank you so much in advance.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    first thing to know is that there are alternative ways to use your IPTV code.

You can use an STB Emulator on your TV, do not need Kodi for that.
    Youd have to research how to do that thou.

You can use Kodi and some type of Stalker app
    There is also a Smart TV app which is actually the Stalker app just reworked a bit and renamed for smart Tv applications.
    There is an ongoing thread or two about that.
    All those methods will need a MAC address attached to your iptv code.

There is also a m3u playlist method you could try too.
    That does not need a MAC attached. There are different ways to use a Playlist.
    The Playlist is an m3u file and contains channels web addresses for each channel.
    You could have the playlist in hand and use it thru a Player like VLC or many others. Or you could go with the xtreme playlist method or Potato TV playlist method. Them two methods do not require that you have the plylist in hand, they get the playlist for you thru their functionalities.

Check each server sub forum here on site (Rocket, NFPS or iptv66).. there will be Sticky threads that show you how to get a Playlist from the service website and thru your code.
    Check the links found in my signature below... some good tuturals or just knowledge can be found there pretaining to all this
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    ohh and here is that Smart TV emulator discussion.
    It is a Samsung TV they are using, but that app may be available thru your TV ( I do not know any more about that or how to get it thou)
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?2...t-Stb-Emulator
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Junoir Member
    crazed - thanks for the replies/pointers. since I already had Kodi installed in my android tv set, i decided to keep trying via the Kodi forums. Well, happy to report that i made it work by following the instructions in this link:

http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?2...et-up-tutorial

On the other hand, I must say that I am still pretty disappointed with so much sputtering, freezing, pixellation issues. I was blaming said issues on what I thought it was a pretty slow processor box (MAG 254). This was essentially the reason I kept trying to find an alternative 'box' (which in this case it became my tv set) on which to install my rocket... well, the issues are basically the same. Conclusion: our servers kind of suck. Can we PLEASE do something about it?

are you wifi or hard cord ?

do speed test too