Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bullwhale

i would like to know

I posted this under the updates thread i should of started my on thread so i am.......................................

i have a ? for a friend of mine he uses this service and he has two android boxes one donation (he lives alone so only uses one box at a time so he has the same mac on both boxes.he would like to buy a buzz tv because he like the live tv,vod,epg all on the startup page, so his ? is, can you use the buzztv using a mac with 78 instead of 79 so he can still use two of the boxes with one donation.one box at a time of course.he knows that the mac can be changed on the buzz tv.....he uses a stb emulator now............................................... ...............................

Thank you for your response Farmer i should of added that he is using the same mac on two boxes

i do understand you can only use one mac per donation,i do understand to that i can have the same mac on two boxes in my house as long as i only use one of the boxes at a time

My ? is with the buzz tv box,will the livetv..the vod ...and the epg....on the startup screen work with a mac starting with 00:1A;78;XX;XX;XX or does it have to start with 00:1A:79:XX:XX:XX to use the livetv..vod..epg..on the home screen

I so sorry i am not able to answer that
    He could always give it a try and see what happens
    Then he would know

If he does give it a try Please post back here the results

Bullwhale
    ya he may have to buy one, he was just trying to find out before buying a box.the two boxes he has now work good with the emulator he just likes the idea of the live tv...Vod...and the EPG on the home screen

Ambassador
    I think he will have to use this one 00:1A:79:XX:XX:XX

But it shouldn't matter really because at the end of the day he can only use his one donation on one box at a time

Bullwhale
    Thank you Maestro701.He uses the STB emulator on his two boxes now and i believe your mac has to be with the 00:1A;78:XX:XX:XX with that emulator,so if the buzztv has to use 00:1A:79:XX:XX:XX it would be too much of a pain to keep changing the mac to use the other box and it would not make sense for him to buy another donation when he lives alone and only uses one box at a time.

Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by duhhud View Post
    Thank you Maestro701.He uses the STB emulator on his two boxes now and i believe your mac has to be with the 00:1A;78:XX:XX:XX with that emulator,so if the buzztv has to use 00:1A:79:XX:XX:XX it would be too much of a pain to keep changing the mac to use the other box and it would not make sense for him to buy another donation when he lives alone and only uses one box at a time.
    i was told you couldnt change your mac on the buzz

Bullwhale
    ok Thanks NBS

Ambassador
    I never tried emulator using 00:1A;78:XX:XX:XX.

I always left it at 79

He cannot avoid using two different donations, donations are reasonable so unless things are bad for the pockets, for me it shouldn't be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by NBS View Post
    i was told you couldnt change your mac on the buzz
    I think you can, while in the Servers section, press the Blue button.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoma View Post
    I think you can, while in the Servers section, press the Blue button.
    I was watching a movie and the mac changed. I was pushing a few buttons and learning what they did at the time You might not be able to select your own mac address but it changed on mine and I had to change mac address on the servers to watch tv again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast