Register

The userbase has reached critical mass

For a while, I have been generally happy with the service. But lately, I cannot watch anything when I want to. For example, if you were to tune into the World Series on any channel (Fox NY, BT Sport 1, etc) it is not watchable. Any major sporting event (even wrestling) has freezing and buffering problems on a constant basis. If it's a channel that nobody is watching, everything works fine. Try watching Fox NY when a game isn't on. Works great. Then try watching it during a game. Forget about it!

What's going on? Assuming your userbase is at an all-time high, why are you not increasing your ability to handle the bandwidth? I understand there's a profit to be made, but when you're sharing your channels with other providers, there should be some effort to maintain stability. It's aggravating seeing a price increase for the service only to see the quality of service continually diminishing. There used to be a time when I carried more than one subscription. Those days are gone as I have been forced to go elsewhere for redundancy when these channels are down. Lately I've been thinking of going back to finding the streams when something I want to watch is on, and while it's sometimes aggravating, it's also getting easier.

I'd like to keep at least one subscription going, but being forced to search for free streams every time I want to watch a game is getting pretty old. Is there a plan in place to handle the extra load from your boom in subscribers, or is there really no commitment to quality as all sales are final?

I watched the game on Fox NY last night and didn't have any buffering.
    Beginner's Guide for Rocket, NFPS and IKS66...
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?2...-you-should-do

Kodi Options for Rocket, NFPS and IKS66...
    http://iptvtalk.net/forumdisplay.php?71-Kodi

Check the Announcement Section...
    http://iptvtalk.net/forumdisplay.php...-Announcements

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrShadyMan View Post
    For a while, I have been generally happy with the service. But lately, I cannot watch anything when I want to. For example, if you were to tune into the World Series on any channel (Fox NY, BT Sport 1, etc) it is not watchable. Any major sporting event (even wrestling) has freezing and buffering problems on a constant basis. If it's a channel that nobody is watching, everything works fine. Try watching Fox NY when a game isn't on. Works great. Then try watching it during a game. Forget about it!

What's going on? Assuming your userbase is at an all-time high, why are you not increasing your ability to handle the bandwidth? I understand there's a profit to be made, but when you're sharing your channels with other providers, there should be some effort to maintain stability. It's aggravating seeing a price increase for the service only to see the quality of service continually diminishing. There used to be a time when I carried more than one subscription. Those days are gone as I have been forced to go elsewhere for redundancy when these channels are down. Lately I've been thinking of going back to finding the streams when something I want to watch is on, and while it's sometimes aggravating, it's also getting easier.

I'd like to keep at least one subscription going, but being forced to search for free streams every time I want to watch a game is getting pretty old. Is there a plan in place to handle the extra load from your boom in subscribers, or is there really no commitment to quality as all sales are final?
    your thinking is fairly logical except for your assumption "Assuming your userbase is at an all-time high" nobody publicly knows why we have problems. have you ever noticed some channels work fine while others don't? perhaps they need a automated program to monitor load levels and distribute resources accordingly. i would assume the world series would take precedence over the shopping network channel.

Quote Originally Posted by ilan View Post
    I watched the game on Fox NY last night and didn't have any buffering.
    I wish I could say the same. All I got was chop and freeze with the occasional 10-15 seconds worth of steady streaming. What server are you using where you are getting this ultra-stable streaming quality?

Junoir Member
    What else would you say.....You're part of the establishment

Junoir Member
    moderators tend to be a tad political here

Junoir Member
    Amen................Brother

Junoir Member
    It's all about the money....service is secondary
    Quote Originally Posted by MrShadyMan View Post

Well, I changed my portal and things seem to be working a lot better. Perhaps Portal 3 has reached critical mass. Portal 4 seems to be working a hell of a lot better.