Warrior

Buzz PVR update release notes

buzzTV brings you the scariest update ever, for our competitors...

1. It's here!! New Enhanced PVR (Press MENU Button on Remote to access PVR)
    2. Fixed Slow Grid + Single EPG Loading and Browsing
    3. Fixed Catch-UP Playback and Loading Issues
    4. Fixed Resume MSG Bug in VOD
    5. Fixed MAC Authentication bug
    6. Fixed a lot of Functionality bugs
    7. Fixed Favorites Category issue in Live TV
    8. Increased overall app performance

-Happy Halloween. PVR Still in Testing, Weekly Updates to Follow
    Last edited by NBS; 10-31-2017 at 11:16 PM.

TV Addicted
    Yeah, I got my Buzz 3000 yesterday and I got this update note today (like just now). I have a lot of playing around to do. I can say the guide loads soooooo much faster now than it did yesterday before this update.

TV Addicted
    Well, I tried recording. It does record however the Buzz box won't let me pick an external source. I have an SD card plugged in and wanted to use that. This card is slow so that may be the reason I can't select it; I'll try another card later.
    (edited) I plugged in a hard drive via USB, had the Buzz format it and I was able to select it when trying to record but the Buzz would not record to it. It will only record to internal memory.

After I hit record the video seems to go wacky. The video freezes while the audio keeps going. The video starts moving but then is out of sync with the audio. The video will catch up eventually to the audio then it will freeze completely....then it will start up again. Not really watchable. However, when I go back and watch the recorded file it plays just fine; no freezing, no out of sync audio, etc..

After I hit record, I'll be damned if I can figure out how to stop the recording. The "stop" button on the remote (the white square at the top of the remote) does nothing. Hitting the red button again (the record button) does nothing. I had to change the channel a couple of times to get it to stop recording.
    (edited) I figured out how to stop the recording. While the Buzz is recording hit the "info" button then hit the "red" button and you will be given the option to stop the recording.

More playing around with this is definitely needed.
    Last edited by PayPerView; 11-01-2017 at 02:41 AM.

Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by PayPerView View Post
    Well, I tried recording. It does record however the Buzz box won't let me pick an external source. I have an SD card plugged in and wanted to use that. This card is slow so that may be the reason I can't select it; I'll try another card later.
    (edited) I plugged in a hard drive via USB, had the Buzz format it and I was able to select it when trying to record but the Buzz would not record to it. It will only record to internal memory.

After I hit record the video seems to go wacky. The video freezes while the audio keeps going. The video starts moving but then is out of sync with the audio. The video will catch up eventually to the audio then it will freeze completely....then it will start up again. Not really watchable. However, when I go back and watch the recorded file it plays just fine; no freezing, no out of sync audio, etc..

After I hit record, I'll be damned if I can figure out how to stop the recording. The "stop" button on the remote (the white square at the top of the remote) does nothing. Hitting the red button again (the record button) does nothing. I had to change the channel a couple of times to get it to stop recording.
    (edited) I figured out how to stop the recording. While the Buzz is recording hit the "info" button then hit the "red" button and you will be given the option to stop the recording.

More playing around with this is definitely needed.
    Good going bro and remember they said in the update notes that weekly update will roll out to fix all these quirks.

Junoir Member
    Waiting for other users to test VOD. I am having issues and getting kicked back to the main menu

Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by thejman View Post
    Waiting for other users to test VOD. I am having issues and getting kicked back to the main menu
    This was fixed in Nov 3rds Update.