Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New update

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by PayPerView View Post
    Ok, I may have spoke to soon about being stuck in cinema mode (I mean I was stuck in cinema mode). I rebooted the Buzz box and I now seem to be able to to select other categories and stay in those categories. Will keep playing with it.

The guide however is 30 minutes off and rebooting didn't correct that. If I'm on a channel and select info, the information that comes up is correct about the show that's on but when I hit the guide button the information in the guide is off.
    Ok, I have figured out what triggers the issue of getting stuck in a particular category. As I posted before, I was stuck in the "cinema" category and could not get out of it. After rebooting I was able to get back to "all" category. This evening I again got stuck, this time in the "entertainment" category. I have figured out what is triggering this bug; direct channel input. If I fire up the Buzz TV and all channels are selected I can scroll through the list of channels on the left side and select any channel just fine. However, if I'm on channel 300 HBO and want to go to AMC channel 131 and don't want to scroll through the entire list of channels to get to AMC, I will type in "131" and go directly to AMC. This causes the Buzz TV to select the category AMC is in which happens to be "entertainment" and now I am forever stuck in this category unless I reboot the box. Yes, I can select "all" again and get the list of all the channels and even select them but when I check the categories list again I'm back to the category I'm stuck in. Also, when I pull up the guide I only get the channels in the category I'm stuck in. I cannot find a work around for that except rebooting.

Warrior
    Ok, I have figured out what triggers the issue of getting stuck in a particular category. As I posted before, I was stuck in the "cinema" category and could not get out of it. After rebooting I was able to get back to "all" category. This evening I again got stuck, this time in the "entertainment" category. I have figured out what is triggering this bug; direct channel input. If I fire up the Buzz TV and all channels are selected I can scroll through the list of channels on the left side and select any channel just fine. However, if I'm on channel 300 HBO and want to go to AMC channel 131 and don't want to scroll through the entire list of channels to get to AMC, I will type in "131" and go directly to AMC. This causes the Buzz TV to select the category AMC is in which happens to be "entertainment" and now I am forever stuck in this category unless I reboot the box. Yes, I can select "all" again and get the list of all the channels and even select them but when I check the categories list again I'm back to the category I'm stuck in. Also, when I pull up the guide I only get the channels in the category I'm stuck in. I cannot find a work around for that except rebooting.
    thanks for the detailed post

TV Addicted
    An odd bug indeed hopefully It get taken care of by the orkin man

Ambassador
    It doesn't matter if you input the channel number directly, if you scroll through the ALL category and select a channel in sports category, when you go back to the guide only the sports category is highlighted.

No matter what you do, you will get stuck in the category of the selected channel.

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestro701 View Post
    It doesn't matter if you input the channel number directly, if you scroll through the ALL category and select a channel in sports category, when you go back to the guide only the sports category is highlighted.

No matter what you do, you will get stuck in the category of the selected channel.
    Hmm, I've not been able to duplicate that. I can select a channel from the list and it works fine for me. I only get stuck in a category if I input a channel number directly. Hopefully they get this bug worked out. Of course I have only posted any bugs I find here so I don't know if Buzz reads these or not or if we should be reporting this stuff elsewhere.

Ambassador
    Hmm, I've not been able to duplicate that. I can select a channel from the list and it works fine for me. I only get stuck in a category if I input a channel number directly. Hopefully they get this bug worked out. Of course I have only posted any bugs I find here so I don't know if Buzz reads these or not or if we should be reporting this stuff elsewhere.
    Well in the last release notes it said the favorites issues was fixed, and yes this issue first aroused from the favorites category and I brought it to light. Mind you, I'm speaking based on the 2000 version since I don't have the 3000 so for you, duplicating the issue I have may not work for you, hence the fix in the last release. The 2000 hasn't had the update pushed to it as yet so I can't duplicate your issue either.

Just keep trying and experimenting bro so we can give detailed feedback to iron out this issue because it is the only thing that frustrates me with the buzz.

TV Addicted
    It's safe to assume that there is likely a buzzrep or atkeast a reseller or two with a bit of pull to report bugs. As it seems when there's discussion about it here its normally in the next release notes for a new update..nothing in life is a coincidence

Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy carl View Post
    It's safe to assume that there is likely a buzzrep or atkeast a reseller or two with a bit of pull to report bugs. As it seems when there's discussion about it here its normally in the next release notes for a new update..nothing in life is a coincidence
    I know so hopefully it gets sorted very soon

Warrior
    Not much point in donating rcvrs to get a forum for feedback if you don't read it or make arrangements for someone to do it

TV Addicted
    Played with the record feature this morning. Something has changed since the last time I used it. The recording feature is completely unusable. I turned to TBS hit the red button I get the record menu (still can't select any other option than internal memory) and the recording starts and the little red "rec" icon is in the upper right corner. After about 15 seconds the picture freezes solid. At this point I'm not sure if the Buzz is still recording or not. I let it sit this way for a bit and the red icon in the upper right corner goes away; the picture never starts back up again. Still not sure if it's recording or not but since the icon is gone I assume it's not. I click the red button again and I get the record menu to start the recording so I figure the recording has stopped. I cancel and go back to the frozen picture. I try to change the channel to TNT and I get a pop up saying that if I change the channel the recording may be stopped. Ok, so which is it? Am I recording or not??? I go to the menu/PVR and there is a recording there. I can play it but the recording is only 15 to 20 seconds long. I delete this recording and go back to live TV but TBS is still frozen. If I go to menu/exit and leave the app then go back in TBS plays fine.....until I hit record again and the whole process starts over.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast