Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

wi fi use in hotels for mag 254

does anyone know how to get past hotel wi fi acceptance page, when wanting to hook up to hotel wifi when working on the road. some hotels will hookup some when you go online to use there wifi a page comes up to accept hotel wifi, naturally if this acceptance page comes up mag wont read it is there away to do this for us working stiffs that work on the road

Last hospital stay, I used a dd-wrt router and after I accepted the terms with my pc I could use anything I had through the router till it rebooted the connection. Used repeater mode..

It is a little technical but it's simple after you catch on.

You can find if you have a dd-wrt capable router here :: dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Devices You might have an old router lying around that can be programmed to work.

You can read about repeater mode here :: dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Repeater

so you cant go to inet thru the mag box , than accept signal , exit out then go to wifi settings

Don't know, haven't tried. I use routers, have for years

Quote Originally Posted by motley22 View Post
    does anyone know how to get past hotel wi fi acceptance page, when wanting to hook up to hotel wifi when working on the road. some hotels will hookup some when you go online to use there wifi a page comes up to accept hotel wifi, naturally if this acceptance page comes up mag wont read it is there away to do this for us working stiffs that work on the road
    Usually ask the front desk and they'll give you the info
    unless I'm not understanding your question
    I gather darkness to please me...

not asking for password, when you log in to high end hotels a terms and conditions page pops up which you have to agree to before you can access wifi, its the same if your getting wifi from walmart or mcdonalds, usually a terms page comes up which you have to accept before you can get on there wifi. question is how can you accept the terms before you select there wifi to run thru mag box, because if hotel has terms page this must be agreed to by user before access to wifi is granted

Quote Originally Posted by motley22 View Post
    not asking for password, when you log in to high end hotels a terms and conditions page pops up which you have to agree to before you can access wifi, its the same if your getting wifi from walmart or mcdonalds, usually a terms page comes up which you have to accept before you can get on there wifi. question is how can you accept the terms before you select there wifi to run thru mag box, because if hotel has terms page this must be agreed to by user before access to wifi is granted
    Oh I see what you're saying. Cant you hit the keyboard button on remote and use it that way?
    I gather darkness to please me...

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    the bottom line is that IPTV streaming takes alot on bandwidth, more so with HD content too.
    If that hotel chain is fine with that then it will work.. If not, then it won't
    I must not forget, we must not forget, that we are human beings.
    - Ren

what will work what are the steps after selecting keyboard button, will this bring up terms and condition page on mag, I know its a little confusing, but I do appreciate all the help, thanx again

again thanx for the help im new to this iptv and just want to have all my ducks in order before I go back on the road. my main concern is I know the terms and condition page will come up on reg laptop use, so it should stop me from accessing hotel wifi before I agree to terms, which will not allow mag to access wifi if terms are not accepted

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast