Letter from NAGSTAR (DISH)

Ok folks well todays mail brought me a letter from Dish claiming that they have information of me buying IKS codes ..... They are claiming that they have proof and they showed two transaction but claim to have more The total they showed me was a transaction for 40 and another for 60 I have two questions
    1 I thought that IKS was for FTA stuff like the dreamlink T5
    2 Is there any way that they got my information from the donations I bought from rocket or any connection to this site
    I am thinking that they got this from EBAY When I bought a couple of IKS codes from some dude in Jamaica
    Any advise would be great and maybe help me sleep a little better tonight
    Bottom line is that they want me to pay 3500 to make it go away

Thanks guys !!!!!!!

Rocket Recovery Technician
    Was the letter registered? If not don't worry about it.

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

If you paid for it with paypal....then they can find you .........paypal is happy to accommodate Dish....................

Demand letter may be on the way.

Yes it caim certified mail And yes I used paypal when i bought the 2 codes from e-bay The transaction was from 2013-2014 I called them and like everyone im sure denied it and have no clue what they are talking about... The women said she was going to email me the evidence for me to view and was going to call me back I never got any emails or a call back I think the only transaction they have is the 2 from ebay totaling 100.00

TV Addicted
    These demand letters are just a form of extortion. The fact is they can't recover if there is no damages. They have to prove to the court that you would of subbed to them (And not anyone else) if you did not have the option that you had. You do have legal arguments to their so called damages....

"I never would of subbed with DN because I could not afford them! Anything over the price I got was a budget breaker. So it was this or nothing. "

"I never would of subbed to DN because the cable options are cheaper in my area and I would of done that if I could afforded it.

"I never would of subbed to DN because I like Direct's service better and could cut a better deal"

These are three examples. The one I will use will be the first one. But I have my check book to back it up. Anyone will clearly see that with my income there is no way I could ever sub to anyone of the big three being fixed income. (Also with only ssi coming in they can't touch me. I am basically sue proof since federal law prevents anyone except the IRS from taking any of my income). Even if the IRS did take some the law keeps it at 15% for three years max.

So remember people. No damages then no recovery. Make them prove that they were damaged. That is not so easy for them to do with all the choices with TV even with high powered lawyers. Could even say that you would of done netflix or hulu premium service but never DN. Get my drift? Good Luck!
    Last edited by Digitaldan; 10-31-2017 at 12:07 PM.

TV Addicted
    I ignored a letters..... 5 years ago maybe, and never heard anything back.

Pinball Wizard
    Sorry to close this thread but this is an IPTV Forum not that methods stated above, please post in that specidic Forum for that method!! Thread Closed

See attached link regarding this matter!!http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?3...451#post205451
    Last edited by Kimbo; 10-31-2017 at 08:48 PM.