Junoir Member

Android Box vs. Android IPTV Box

It seems to me that there are a lot of Android boxes for sale that have way better specs than the boxes that are sold as IPTV boxes like Dreamlink Buzz Mag etc. The Android boxes can have 4GB ram, octacore processors, Android 7.1.2, 3 or more USB ports, and more storage too. The designated IPTV boxes at best are 2GB running Android 6.0 with smaller processors. So my question is, would it be better to get the latest Android box, like a H96PRO Rockchip or a U2C Z Super or what ever and download a good STB Emulator or will it not be as good as a dedicated IPTV box? Kodi aside. It has it's purpose but I like using the box without it.

I use an Nvidia Shield among others and with it I have used an emulator and couch potato via kodi .......it works well.......I also use a buzztv2000 and 3000 .......they work well too....the Nvidia has better hardware and android version specs ......yet the buzztv's iptv use is just as good as the Nvidia.....so my guess is that IPTV Services need to grow up ........ hardware can get you just so far.......then its up to the iptv services to step up to the plate

im layzzzzz iptv box all way have not tried a buzztv box so cant say anything about that box but i hear good things about them and i have lots of cheap android boxes ans sticks they do work too but need to put time into them that why i say im layzzzzzzzzz
    Last edited by Marley; 10-27-2017 at 08:57 PM.

Junoir Member

Red face Android IPTV

Great, Thanks for information about Android Box IPTV.

Banned
    Yes, and I think they need to get moving on improving IPTV, especially now that it is looking more & more like the IKS stream is Dead.

Junoir Member
    I seen older boxes with android 4.4 run great with an emulator.. its not box that's limiting the quality but most of it is server related... but then again, I have tried many service and there are some with great quality, steady and with all sports working great

get active
    I don't think Rockchip boxes will run Kodi but if that doesn't matter then you should be a happy camper. The other android boxes with octacore processors and related hardware you mentioned also work fast and work well. I run an octacore processor with a UHD HDTV with HDR and I have watched with the STB Emulator Pro without freezing, so I think its as good or better than a dedicated IPTV box but then I don't have or use a dedicated box so its hard to compare. I use Kodi but on the 918 box as a separate app when I'm not using the emulator or IPTV.

I just bought a new h96 Pro Plus. (with the green circuit board) to upgrade my old M8S. The Chinese listed it as 3gb/32gb, but it got here and has only 2gb/16gb. Still a great deal for 40 bucks. SuperCeleron over at freaktab has been building and developing a ROM for this box since early 2017. I burned it and love it. I then load STBpro and it works like a dream! It has android 7.1.2 and is using Arm7 processor, I believe. It also has two hidden USB ports inside that you can reveal by modding it with a dremel. I slapped a paid copy of TV Launcher II on there since it supports widgets and customizing the tile, the size and the image.