Freeze EPG & Live Stream Playback

Can someone try and explain to me how or why an EPG would cause video playback to freeze while audio continues to play?

Since Vipers EPG has been down I've tried a few different EPG links, provided by users here, and for some reason when I use AcidJesus' guide, and choose a live stream via PVR, video playback will freeze while the audio continues to play. However, when I switch to Ken's the issue virtually disappears and PVR Live Stream playback is smooth with minimal or no freezing/stuttering. I would prefer to uses Acid Jesus' EPG instead of Kens as Acid Jesus' EPG has a lot more channel listings.

It doesn't make sense to me, as I thought the EPG was just the guide, and has nothing to do with the actual stream being provided by the IPTV service provider. Any thoughts or feedback would be welcomed to help me further troubleshoot the problem going forward.

Thanks in advance!

You know what? Nevermind! Turns out there was also an update to my device which may have updated the video drivers/codecs, which when disabled in Kodi, seems to have corrected the issue.

Peace!

Just FYI - Check the size of the Guide file.
    If the guide data pulled is left as is, you will end up with an .XML file around 40mb.
    I extract unused metadata (Actors/ producers/ratings/episode info/first aired date/studio/audio/video info ...etc)
    This brings my guide down from 38Mb. to ~16Mb.
    The more useless data that has to be parsed to get the required info for the guide, uses CPU time and resources, slowing system response.

/kens
    ps; The update , if actually being the problem, should also cause system with my guide to screw up also.
    Last edited by kens; 10-26-2017 at 08:29 PM.