mag 254 connecting to my personal server collection???

so i was wondering because im no computer guy.............can i or how can i connect the mag box via the network to my nas dlink server?

i have movies i have collected and use to use a media play to watch them and it did it all automatically

i tried to put my ip in like a portal address but it didnt work...........any ideas?

thanks

i got it

thanks

c/p

How to connect to network shares

From within the inner portal, you can map to multiple shares on your network. You can google creating a network share for the operating system you are using. For the sake of this tutorial, we will be dealing with windows based shares...all versions. You will need to know the IP address of the pc you are trying to connect to. Also note the name of the share you created on that pc. From the main screen on you inner portal, select Home Media. Hit the menu button on the remote and then hit the right arrow to get to the tools. Select Connect NFS/SMB
    Type in the pc's IP address in the Server address: box...i.e.192.168.1.72
    Type the name of the share in the Server folder: box...i.e. movies
    The local folder box will auto-populate with the share name, or you can name it what you want.
    Leave the connection type: SMB
    Enter the username and password that you normally login to windows on that pc in their appropriate boxes
    Click ok to connect
    If all the information was correct, after successfully connecting, you will see the name you chose for that connection in the Home Media list

Enjoy seeing pics or watching vids from that pc

tbird686 thanks for you instructive post. Sad to say in my case I still get "unable to connect with those parameters".

Given that I was both a computer programmer and a text editor in my time I don't make the normal simple mistakes of misspelling items and am thorough in my inputs etc.

This action is unnecessarily difficult. The box sees the network attached devices. It should permit the user to simply browse the folders and say "connect" to any and all folders of choice on any and all devices of choice. This is something INFOMIR need to deal with in their software. I am impressed with their work so this is just another tweek they need to address, quickly please.