Pinball Wizard

Global Media Box 4K - Laser's Review

Hardware Specs: http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?3...dia-Box-4K-New

How I set up my Rocket/IKS66/NFPS IPTV:
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?3...l-Media-Box-4K

LASER TAKE

Shipping/Price: Both price and shipping were very reasonable given the device specs

Device: Beautiful electronic display, slick/shiny model and overall cosmetically pleasing

Remote: It is a generic remote, just the buttons you need nothing fancy, big buttons for the people like me with big fingers so i like that.

First Use:
    After I plugged it in it took a like while but then the 2 windows are there so just click the 8 button on the remote... 7 times and loaded all the goodies.

APPs: Kodi, Google Play, Youtube, MyTV (IPTV middleware program), Settings, Browser and All Apps - are the classic android windows on the main screen. Loading apps using Google Play and even sideloads using File Explorer was flawless. Youtube version on the Global Media Box is the latest version and runs better than expected.

IPTV:
    Easy to install servers and rapid change of servers makes this instantly one of my current favorites. If you like MAG devices you will love the performance of this middleware

Kodi:
    I was able to easly able to update the Kodi to 17.4, Kodi works fast, NBS showed me that the back button while inside some video addons click on the button below the 9 to go back to the prior Kodi screen (I'm old so be kind) overall Kodi runs like a champ.

Bottom Line:
    This device performs on both picture quality 4K, audio and applications just as good as my high end devices. I had it for a month so I'm still playing around with it, it was a good investment regarding the specs and for me the ability to use the latest kodi version and related apps. Tested it on a LG 4K using youtube and again the picture quality was amazing. Sound pass thru to my 5.1 surround system worked great. The IPTV part is easy, which is just how i like it. No need to load and emulators and hassles just type your info and connect.

PVR feature I have not tested but it looks like the Developers of Global Media Box made this feature a priority so i'm looking forward to using it. A couple of things that they can improve is the loud "Global Media logo" entrance upon turning the box on. Looking forward towards their system updates.

Overall: This device performs better than average boxes and equals pricier boxes features and abilities, easy to navigate and currently one of my top two performers of 2017 for my IPTV/Kodi needs.

If you have any questions regarding Global Media Box 4K check our Global Media Box section in IPTV Talk :

FYI I will not answer questions of which device is better, all devices have their strengths and weaknesses. Do research, see each device specs and see which better suits you. My review is an independent opinion on my experience so far with this device.
    Last edited by Kimbo; 10-25-2017 at 02:43 PM.

how is 4k on this box will it do whole move without freeze i know you need fast internet

Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Marley View Post
    how is 4k on this box will it do whole move without freeze i know you need fast internet
    Best pic of any box I have used

Pinball Wizard
    I saw an hour 4K documentary on youtube and it ran flawless. 4K movie streaming (kodi)requires fast internet for sure.

Fire From Within

My Brief review

Basically, I agree with most of what Laser says in his review. It's a very simple box to configure. "My TV" is essentially the Stalker interface you see in the MAG 250. To configure, all you need is to update the donation checker with the MAC and enter the portal url in the box settings... very smooth.

The Kodi version intalled is currently 17.3, so to update to 17.5, you just use google play (with your google account). The Kodi does have a wizard to install a custom build, which is fairly complete. I prefer a clean install, so you would need to disable the wizard (or reset Kodi after the update.)

I prefer a simple launcher, vs. the carousel that this box has. Also, the Android version is a modified 5.1, not a big deal for most users, but for users who want the latest and greatest, you won't have it here.

Video quality is very good, and you do have the ability to select different color/hue saturation settings.

I would recommend this box for most new users. My only issue is the Android version, but as I said before, it only affects those who think they need a later version (but probably don't).