Junoir Member

Exclamation T1 DD Sound issue

Hey guys so let me start out by saying I have posted about this issue in various places, but yet to figure out a solution or a response from dreamlink. It seems like a bug with the later batches of the original T1's as they cannot play Dolby Digital sound signals either through HDMI or using a Optical cable to a receiver. I have tried using DOL, DOL2 and Kodi without any luck. I have used their contact forum months ago to report the issue, but no response. I've read another user reported that this issue was supposed to be fixed updates ago, but might be hardware related and possibly not fixable? Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by reddragon View Post
    Hey guys so let me start out by saying I have posted about this issue in various places, but yet to figure out a solution or a response from dreamlink. It seems like a bug with the later batches of the original T1's as they cannot play Dolby Digital sound signals either through HDMI or using a Optical cable to a receiver. I have tried using DOL, DOL2 and Kodi without any luck. I have used their contact forum months ago to report the issue, but no response. I've read another user reported that this issue was supposed to be fixed updates ago, but might be hardware related and possibly not fixable? Any thoughts?

I've been lucky enough to have both boxes side by side and you are indeed correct. Previous to this, I heard much about it on the various forums, IRC, and directly from my customers. Anyways, one of the boxes plays DD just fine, but the other doesn't. The only conclusion I could come to was one of two things (both hardware related):

1. Manufacturing hardware bug - not fixable
    2. Hardware component switch out/replacement not compatible with current firmware. Sometimes certain components go off the market and need to be replaced in future batches with an equal/equivilant spec product. - This is fixable with firmware.... But why hasn't it happened yet if that's the case?

However, judging by how this thread has remained a ghost town for a week + after your post... I'm leaning toward it being #1, a hardware defect that can't be fixed.

Sucks to be you man
    Last edited by veronicas; 10-27-2017 at 07:32 AM.

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by veronicas View Post
    I've been lucky enough to have both boxes side by side and you are indeed correct. Previous to this, I heard much about it on the various forums, IRC, and directly from my customers. Anyways, one of the boxes plays DD just fine, but the other doesn't. The only conclusion I could come to was one of two things (both hardware related):

1. Manufacturing hardware bug - not fixable
    2. Hardware component switch out/replacement not compatible with current firmware. Sometimes certain components go off the market and need to be replaced in future batches with an equal/equivilant spec product. - This is fixable with firmware.... But why hasn't it happened yet if that's the case?

However, judging by how this thread has remained a ghost town for a week + after your post... I'm leaning toward it being #1, a hardware defect that can't be fixed.

Sucks to be you man
    I'm guessing this is the case as well. I had purchased a number of these boxes after a long research process thinking they were the top box to get and it just sucks that I had to learn this the hard way

even on my hdd movies when i play no sound think they need update codex which we cant do movie runs great just no sound and i dont think they can need a different chip or they dont have license to do that i could be wrong on both what i just said
    Last edited by Marley; 10-28-2017 at 09:29 PM.

I forwarded this thread to them.
    Maybe it's something they can resolve.
    Last edited by Capt.Kangaroo; 10-28-2017 at 09:38 PM.
    I gather darkness to please me...

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marley View Post
    even on my hdd movies when i play no sound think they need update codex which we cant do movie runs great just no sound and i dont think they can need a different chip or they dont have license to do that i could be wrong on both what i just said
    Everyone with an older box reports the issue isn't there so its def a problem with the latter batches. Still sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by Captainkangaroo View Post
    I forwarded this thread to them.
    Maybe it's something they can resolve.
    Thanks I appreciate it

-. Go to t1 local market => ETC section
    -. install Addon Linker APK
    -. Start Addon linker and install "Audio_codex_Pack.zip and reboot T1.
    I gather darkness to please me...

i will test on hdd drive thanks great work cap

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Captainkangaroo View Post
    -. Go to t1 local market => ETC section
    -. install Addon Linker APK
    -. Start Addon linker and install "Audio_codex_Pack.zip and reboot T1.
    Tried to install it twice and both times I still get no audio playing an MKV file with a 5.1 sound track......