Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dead Box??

TV Addicted
    Have you changed the HDMI cable you are using on the VIOX 2 box. I have seen them go bad quite often.

and you hit aspect button on the remote too right its a hard box to kill but anything can happen

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowteck View Post
    Have you changed the HDMI cable you are using on the VIOX 2 box. I have seen them go bad quite often.
    Yes a few different ones actually. Nothing seems to boot it.

Junoir Member
    I added another device through the HDMI (front ports) left the power unplugged on it and tried to power it up with the Vixo2...nothing happened. I could see a red light on the "other" device but that was it. Would not turn on. I've been out looking for another power cord...good luck on that hahaha...Guy at the electronic store said that it was a special adapter. Nothing at the thrift stores here would fit. Not common. May have to order it online somewhere...or just give up. I just liked the box..never had any problems with it.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    vixo2 is a good box, yea. I liked it and loved the look of it too.

The one I have , when I first got it, I could not get it to work. It powered on but never a pic on the TV screen, nothing. I talked to avov, they told me to try all the fixes, like the HDMI cord , power adaptor and etc.. Then when all failed I sent it back to them at their request.
    They tested it and sent it back to me. Told me nothing was wrong with it.

I then at that time had set up another TV in another room, and I connected the Vixo2 to that TV and presto, it worked fine. Took it back to original TV that it did not work on and it still never worked on that TV.
    I had an HDMI Switch handy and used that and then the vixo2 also worked on that TV.

HDMI compatibility are real issues, but certain TVs seem to make a difference (or maybe just this one TV, its an Seiki 24" LE-24G90)
    The HDMI can carry the Power and internet connection too with certain applications. Them cables are more complex then their outer appearance. I know you checked and re-cehecked, have you taken it to another TV or was it always working before on that same TV before ?
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crazed 2.0 View Post
    vixo2 is a good box, yea. I liked it and loved the look of it too.

The one I have , when I first got it, I could not get it to work. It powered on but never a pic on the TV screen, nothing. I talked to avov, they told me to try all the fixes, like the HDMI cord , power adaptor and etc.. Then when all failed I sent it back to them at their request.
    They tested it and sent it back to me. Told me nothing was wrong with it.

I then at that time had set up another TV in another room, and I connected the Vixo2 to that TV and presto, it worked fine. Took it back to original TV that it did not work on and it still never worked on that TV.
    I had an HDMI Switch handy and used that and then the vixo2 also worked on that TV.

HDMI compatibility are real issues, but certain TVs seem to make a difference (or maybe just this one TV, its an Seiki 24" LE-24G90)
    The HDMI can carry the Power and internet connection too with certain applications. Them cables are more complex then their outer appearance. I know you checked and re-cehecked, have you taken it to another TV or was it always working before on that same TV before ?
    I have a Hisense 40" HDTV and yes I took it to a small Phillips just to check it out. I never had a problem til I plugged the laptop into the tv. It actually happened the first time I plugged it in but I was able to get it going again. Just unplugged and plugged back in. Stupid me did it a 2nd time not actually believing the laptop messed with it. Same thing happened but this time I could not get it to go again. I actually left it on while I had the laptop plugged in..probably an hour or so...then when I checked it...I still don't actually get how the laptop interfered with it.

My last ditch effort is to try and find another power cord for it. I've got 2 cheap boxes...but they suck....lol...never knew how good it was til it wasn't! If I find a cord I will report back...see if it does the trick. Thanks for all the help it is really appreciated....same goes to Marley and Lowteck! Thank you for taking the time.

Avov's are getting fried by the supplier updating Firmware that $%&&#!*'s the unit.
    They are starting to supply there own IPTV Service.

I will never touch another proprietary O/S box again.
    /kens

I dont think thats true that like shooting you company now kodi may have stuff come out on it like
    17.1 to 17.3 what i found out sometime box maker fixes one thing and makes two other things wrong i still say Dreamlink and Avov are best for price oh i forgot to ask what Firmware do supplier get that we don't
    Last edited by Marley; 10-20-2017 at 10:18 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12