Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dead Box??

Junoir Member

Dead Box??

So this is kind of weird. I plugged my laptop into a hdmi port on my tv. When I did this, I noticed it started messing with my Vixo2 box. At the time I was still on the hdmi port for the vixo2 and it made the screen go blank. When I went to check the laptop connection it was fine. Went back over to the Vixo2 and nothing. So I shut down the laptop and unplugged the hdmi. Went back to the vixo2 and still nothing. I unplugged it ...waited...plugged it back in. Still nothing. I swapped out the hdmi cord for another one...tried that...nothing. Unplugged the box...let it sit for a day...still nothing. Then I started reading...did the factory reset..left the hdmi plugged in...unplugged the box...held the pin while putting the power cord back in...waited another 30 seconds...let it go. Nothing. Took the damn thing to another tv...nothing...I've been buggering with the box on and off now for days...one thing I did notice is when I plug the hdmi cord in the tv reacts to the connection...just nothing happens. ....so here I am. How the heck did my laptop brick my box?? Any ideas?

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    use them hdmi ports on that vixo2 box, the front ports... it works like a media player for attached devices.
    Okay, connect to any other device and that vixo 2 will work again thru that other device.. NExt is to try a HDMI Switch with that vixo2, then it may work.. I seen same here, a time ago.

What I am trying to say is that the vixo2 will act as a media center if you let it.
    What button did you depress...
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 10-19-2017 at 04:28 AM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Junoir Member
    Okay, so I attached another device to the avov through the available port...it worked to start up "that" device. The avov...still won't start up when I navigate to it's "on" button. You asked what button I depressed....the little itty bitty one with a paper clip...on the back of the box. I'll go and buy and switch today and see if that helps...

Junoir Member
    Bought a switch..still won't power on. Guess it's fried.

use the av plug you are stuck in the wrong tv mode won't see hdmi

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marley View Post
    use the av plug you are stuck in the wrong tv mode won't see hdmi
    Hi Marley, there is no av plug on this box. Just HDMI

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    could be just the power adaptor. If you have another handy with same specs, try that.
    Or at your local new and used store sometimes you can find them.

But if the vixo2 powers up another device thru the HDMI front port, seems that it is getting power.

When you connected that other device, did you use its own power or did you leave the power disconnected. ?

That HDMI cable will also power up the other device.

ANd also make sure that the correct device is chossen on the remote when trying to power up the Vixo2, and not either of the front HDMI ports
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 10-20-2017 at 01:51 AM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

the pin hole is under the mirco sd only have hdmi plugged in hold pin in till you feel a click dont move it and plug in power that should get you a screen click the aspect if you dont get picture now if that all dont work and you get power then its toast see if you can send it back if not yr old but you must feel a click and then power

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crazed 2.0 View Post
    could be just the power adaptor. If you have another handy with same specs, try that.
    Or at your local new and used store sometimes you can find them.

But if the vixo2 powers up another device thru the HDMI front port, seems that it is getting power.

When you connected that other device, did you use its own power or did you leave the power disconnected. ?

That HDMI cable will also power up the other device.

ANd also make sure that the correct device is chossen on the remote when trying to power up the Vixo2, and not either of the front HDMI ports
    I assumed because it has lights working...(all three on the front) that it has power but who knows...may be not enough power. I left the "other " device plugged in...so ......I'll give your advice a try and let you know. Hope it's just a simple power cord....:-)

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marley View Post
    the pin hole is under the mirco sd only have hdmi plugged in hold pin in till you feel a click dont move it and plug in power that should get you a screen click the aspect if you dont get picture now if that all dont work and you get power then its toast see if you can send it back if not yr old but you must feel a click and then power
    I've tried all that Marley. Over and over...still nothing shows up on the screen. Looks like the box is on...blue light in the middle...nothing boots.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast