Workaround EPG guide for iptv simple / potatotv (NFPS- but can be modified for all)

Hi Kens every works great with new epg for my use with potato tv and your guide , however on my Beelink it seems i dont need to leave usb stick pluged in the box i can remove and guide always comes back but my friend has the same box and setup but it seems it wont work without the usb stick left in if he removes the TV option won't appear but if he plugs it back in and clears data it comes instantly did i miss something with my friends setup iI no in Potato tv setting in my box I stopped viper epg server would that be why mine works without any advise would be much appreaciated and Thanks for such a awesome Templete

I now see where I went wrong i saved file in notepad but didn't include the .m3u at the end I think that would make it not save in kodi will find out tomorrow gotta redo usb and see my friend again to try but at least it works without the .m3u at the end but sd card has to stay pluged into unit once removed channels wont load

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    right click on the file .. then Proporties.... That will always tell you the file type
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by rerun11 View Post
    Hi Kens every works great with new epg for my use with potato tv and your guide , however on my Beelink it seems i dont need to leave usb stick pluged in the box i can remove and guide always comes back but my friend has the same box and setup but it seems it wont work without the usb stick left in if he removes the TV option won't appear but if he plugs it back in and clears data it comes instantly did i miss something with my friends setup iI no in Potato tv setting in my box I stopped viper epg server would that be why mine works without any advise would be much appreaciated and Thanks for such a awesome Templete
    Sounds like you may have saved the file on the USB. In that case, if you remove the USB, the file can't be accessed and the channels won't load.
    Beginner's Guide for Rocket, NFPS and IKS66...
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?2...-you-should-do

Kodi Options for Rocket, NFPS and IKS66...
    http://iptvtalk.net/forumdisplay.php?71-Kodi

Check the Announcement Section...
    http://iptvtalk.net/forumdisplay.php...-Announcements

Sounds like it, ilan.

copy the file to your Download folder on your STB, then point to the files new location in IPTV Simple settings.
    (I use ES File Exlorer (Google Playstore))
    Though your STB's File Manager App should be able to do this.
    /kens

Hi guys I'm sorry, I got it never did shut down kodi so when i did, I learned that i needed to reinsert usb in and clear data and enable pvr Works Great !! thanks for the fast replys and help Kens you really did a fantastic job