Junoir Member

im confused please explain VPN

I'm just curious I read the rules: "If our system detect that you are using your donation through a VPN, Proxy, Datacenter or in more than 1 device at the same time it will be automatically ban. How can I protect my self from the cable company if I cant use vpn?

Junoir Member
    dose anyone have an answer? please.

Warrior
    How is your cable company going to know what you are streaming?

Junoir Member
    THANK you NBS for responding. that's what I thought. how are they going to know? Until my brother told me they can. they sent him a letter to stop. please note it was not with you guys. he was streaming something on KODI. Then a friend of mine to me to be careful. now am freaked out. then my cousin told me don't worry about it so I'm asking the experts now on this forum. Again thank you for the response.

Warrior
    You sure he didn't download?

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NBS View Post
    You sure he didn't download?
    don't know he didn't say. I think he did. So far I'm good I'm not paying for VPN. I got iptv for almost a two years and kodi for almost five years when it was called XBMC. IM JUST wondering if I need vpn that's all.

get active
    Whenever I use the IKS service, I don't connect to a VPN, I make sure it is disconnected from any VPN server. When I go off IKS or IPTV, I fire up my VPN service as I use it whenever I go online, surf the net or want to access an American website like Netflix, Amazon.com or whatever. You cannot use a VPN with IKS or IPTV partly because your IP addy changes to the VPN server that you are connected to. If you use IP Vanish your picture may vanish with it since the IP addy is linked to your donation. VPN's are great to keep the bugs out, the trackers out and much of the spyware, adware and malware out. If you go online, use your VPN but don't use it with your IKS or IPTV.

Quote Originally Posted by ksl9 View Post
    don't know he didn't say. I think he did. So far I'm good I'm not paying for VPN. I got iptv for almost a two years and kodi for almost five years when it was called XBMC. IM JUST wondering if I need vpn that's all.
    You are taking a risk accessing ANY copy written content over the Internet without paying for it, I won't do it without using a VPN. The content providers are going to go after end users that are doing this and the ISPs are going to help them, count on it. Your ISP is keeping records of the server IP addresses you are connecting to. When you use a VPN, the only address they will have is for the VPN server that you are connected to, they won't have any idea what IP addresses you are actually using. It is the server IP addresses that you are connecting to that will get you caught, not the actual content of the streams. This is how Napster users were busted.

get active
    Quote Originally Posted by wag123 View Post
    You are taking a risk accessing ANY copy written content over the Internet without paying for it, I won't do it without using a VPN. The content providers are going to go after end users that are doing this and the ISPs are going to help them, count on it. Your ISP is keeping records of the server IP addresses you are connecting to. When you use a VPN, the only address they will have is for the VPN server that you are connected to, they won't have any idea what IP addresses you are actually using. It is the server IP addresses that you are connecting to that will get you caught, not the actual content of the streams. This is how Napster users were busted.
    I would strongly consider WHICH vpn service you're connecting to as there are many services which imply there are no risks but very few that can guarantee there are no risks. To emphasize this further, most American vpn providers will not, cannot provide any guarantees and the one's that do are misleading since the US government can and does whatever it wants especially with the present leadership and I use the term with reservations. Consider using a VPN service that is based in countries where any requests made by the US government for vpn records or information is ignored by VPN service and government in which the service is based. As for risk............life is a risk......realized or not.