Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    so the problem is really _ if you remove that you will get epg but no categories.
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    so the problem is really _ if you remove that you will get epg but no categories.
    that dash or 'underline score' prolly works as a 'directive' type thing. Everything after the dash is included in the directive. But without the dash, then nothing else is seen after where the dash was .. or something like that maybe
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

thats is correct. so its something probably in software requires a bit adjustment maybe
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

thats is correct. so its something probably in software requires a bit adjustment maybe
    can I start called you by the name of Detective Ryu ?
    Cause I think you are getting close to the meat of things.

Let's hope the Buzz team will see that too.

Something else to consider....
    if I use the server EPG URL in that same m3u slot, and with the complete Playlist URL, I do get population and icons and categories and etc.

Server EPG URL (unique to user's portal and credentials)
    Code:
    http://PORTAL:80/xmltv.php?username=xxxxxxxxxxxx&password=xxxxxxxxxxxx
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 10-29-2022 at 08:13 PM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

detective or anything bro no worries lol

so whats the difference between servers and acids epg?

detective or anything bro no worries lol

so whats the difference between servers and acids epg?
    server's epg is embedded/accessed thru port 80 (to server) while acid's is accessed thru github

Unless something changed in acid's pushes and pulls... but according to Harry Balls from other site this issue started awhile ago and Joker sorta concurs with that except an update to his x5 disrupted it all.
    And me, well damn, i never really know what the heck I am doing .
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 10-29-2022 at 09:11 PM.
    - Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by crazed 9.6 View Post
    server's epg is embedded/accessed thru port 80 (to server) while acid's is accessed thru github
    beside that is theres anything difference? I mean does acids give them more days of data vs servers and which has epg for more channels?

beside that is theres anything difference? I mean does acids give them more days of data vs servers and which has epg for more channels?
    acid's is always more populated and reliable, yes.
    But here's the thing. You can connect with API or MAC and then get the provider's EPG ... so why use providers in the m3u slot?

so, use m3u portal and acid's EPG as well as a api portal (API portal populates EPG from server source) and then have both choices. Using API and m3u portals there is no need to add or remove MAC, so easy peasy.
    You will soon see acid's is always better populated with correct data. Server EPG is okay but can be improved and acid does that.

You can also add a server PlaYLIST m3u portal with server epg url entered and along side with a m3u portal that is for acid , then compare the two just by switching in buzz menus.... easy peasy to switch between them without needing to adjust a MAC
    WE USE TO DO THAT ALSO WITH KENS EPG URL added in there, so that made 3

You can in effect if you have them all loaded into portals, just switch between at will
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 10-29-2022 at 09:33 PM.
    - Frank Zappa

ok how do you switch?
    I got acids on m3u slot and XC API. I see acids is a lot more vs servers but how can I switch between epg? or you mean switch between m3u and XC api?

ok how do you switch?
    I got acids on m3u slot and XC API. I see acids is a lot more vs servers but how can I switch between epg? or you mean switch between m3u and XC api?
    yes switch between m3u and api would get you the comparison between acid's and server's epg .
    Even setup another playlist m3u portal with server epg instead of and along side of acids portal, then you have that as another portal to compare.
    - Frank Zappa

Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast