Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kens View Post
    Just to add my observations, PP on Android uses Channel ID (tvg-id) to match up the guide.
    PP for WinPC uses the Display Name, but when loading the xml guide file, it takes "All Display Names", and appends them together ???
    For Watch on 245, you get ->Watch245Watch245WWUKTVHD. So wont match anything.
    /kens
    Interesting observations. I'm not sure how it actually works or why it would be different between platforms. When I used PP on android and only about half the channels populated, I edited the xml and deleted lines in the <channel> fields and changed the channel name if need be so that channel name matched what was in the m3u. My m3u doesn't use tvg-id at all, so in my case the IDs don't matter. I no longer use PP however, preferring to have everything within the media center app, in my case it's Kodi.

I'll see if I can find an explanation on the author's website so we have a definitive answer. Inquiring minds want to know.

I've asked over at niklabs to see if we can get an explanation on this.
    EDIT: It does pull data from only the last line of the display-name.
    Last edited by expatter; 11-11-2017 at 04:42 PM.

Junoir Member
    Hello, I am new to this thread and the whole forum. I just got my route and m3u URL. I looked at the EPG XML hosted by @aCiDjEsUs
    Firstly, thanks for the EPG. Is this a temporary solution or a long term solution? This EPG seems to have only US and UK channels. How about others? I live in US, but am also interested in International and Indian (from India) channels. When and who will add the guide to these channels?

thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by sk101 View Post
    Hello, I am new to this thread and the whole forum. I just got my route and m3u URL. I looked at the EPG XML hosted by @aCiDjEsUs
    Firstly, thanks for the EPG. Is this a temporary solution or a long term solution? This EPG seems to have only US and UK channels. How about others? I live in US, but am also interested in International and Indian (from India) channels. When and who will add the guide to these channels?

thanks in advance.
    The guide that is provided by papiao is not a complete solution so certain users have developed their own guides and share with others. If you check some of the other sticky threads in this sub forum, you will see that there are other guides that include Spanish in addition to English channels.

As far as getting an epg that also includes international and Indian channels, IDK if you will see that happen. At least not for free. You might find what you want for an added charge by others. There was/is a thread by someone who had a purported epg that was 'complete' but it was not free.

The thing with epgs is that someone has to buy a sub to a service in order to get the guide data. Several users have done this. However this only entitles the user to have data from 4 providers at any one time. In other words, it boils down to work for the person pulling the guide data.

The majority of users are interested in English and Spanish channel guides so that is what the members who are sharing a guide have provided. Someone would have to 1) Know the provider name that offers the guide data for the channels, 2) Add those to their guide data pulls, and 3) Have an interest in adding said channels. As the users making their shared guides are using Schedules Direct and are restricted to 4 providers at any one time and are allowed only 6 changes per day, it is unlikely that you will find what you are hoping for. In order to get just the English data (for example) guide data has to be pulled from a minimum of 5 providers to get a full listing for all channels being offered by this service here (NFPS/Rocket/IKS).

In order to have a completely filled in EPG for all the channels for these services, someone would have to several subscriptions to a guide data service. I don't think you will find anyone willing to do that. People who are making their own guides are pulling data for channels that are of interest to them and are kindly sharing their efforts.

You can either use what is being shared for free or get yourself a sub to an online epg provider that has the channels you are interested in or make your own epg and include those channels you are interested in. You'll have to do some research on your own to see who might offer the channels you are interested in and then use their url for the guide.

It may not be perfect, but it's what we are dealing with here. A sub for Schedules Direct is $25 a year. Some online sources for epgs charge by the month for a nominal fee. It's your choice as to what works best for you. After all, this ain't cable.

Junoir Member
    Thanks for the detailed explanation. I am fine for now.

TV Addicted
    thanks acid for all your work,,, just set it up with client stalker using github,,,,.. is there a sort by sid option at all

and is there a way to access vod, using rocket by the way

Quote Originally Posted by kens View Post
    Just to add my observations, PP on Android uses Channel ID (tvg-id) to match up the guide.
    PP for WinPC uses the Display Name, but when loading the xml guide file, it takes "All Display Names", and appends them together ???
    For Watch on 245, you get ->Watch245Watch245WWUKTVHD. So wont match anything.
    /kens
    The dev of Perfect Player responded with an answer on this, it pulls data from the LAST display-name of the channel.

Quote Originally Posted by curgs View Post
    thanks acid for all your work,,, just set it up with client stalker using github,,,,.. is there a sort by sid option at all

and is there a way to access vod, using rocket by the way
    Since you're using Stalker Client, you're stuck with the format from rocket. You can use the groups feature in the and that might get you close to what you want. Start out in the channels view and hit the left arrow, then select one of the groups. You can use the channel manager and rearrange the channels, groups or make your own groups. It you really want a tailored viewing experience you would be better off with a playlist and Simple Client. That way you can edit the playlist to be however you want in a plain text editor.

If you do make changes in channel manager and move channels around...make sure to un-tick 'use channel order from back end' in tv settings. Same with channel groups, if you make any changes, un-tick 'synchronise channel groups with backend or changes won't stick and you'll waste a lot of time.

You can enter channel manager either by 'c' on a keyboard or right click or long press on a remote from the channels view, or from the tv settings page.
    There is no guide data for VOD with anyone's guide.
    Last edited by expatter; 11-11-2017 at 04:57 PM.

TV Addicted
    thank you expatter for all the info, re VOD, would that mean the provider like rocket is no longer offering VOD or is there another way to get it within kodi for rocket

VOD is still offered, but it is not accessible from within PVR Stalker client. You can access it using Kodi and Potato TV, however.
    Beginner's Guide for Rocket, NFPS and IKS66...
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?2...-you-should-do

Kodi Options for Rocket, NFPS and IKS66...
    http://iptvtalk.net/forumdisplay.php?71-Kodi

Check the Announcement Section...
    http://iptvtalk.net/forumdisplay.php...-Announcements

TV Addicted
    great excellent

Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast