Register

Fire From Within

NASCAR 2017 Race 30: Charlotte BofA 500 Schedule, Starting Order and Picks

Race 4 of the Playoffs

NASCAR competition officials and Charlotte Motor Speedway staff moved up the start time for Sunday’s Monster Energy Series race by one hour to 1:10 p.m. ET.

A high probability of inclement weather prompted officials Saturday morning to shift the schedule for the Bank of America 500 (NBC, PRN, SiriusXM NASCAR Radio), the fourth event in the 10-race postseason. The 500-miler is the opener to the Round of 12, the second three-race phase of eliminations that will determine a series champion.

All other pre-race ceremonies have also been scheduled one hour earlier. Driver introductions will take place at 12:20 p.m. ET. The Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series garage will open at 7:30 a.m. ET, and spectator gates at the 1.5-mile track will open at 9 a.m. ET.

Fire From Within

Starting Order:

1. Denny Hamlin
    2. Matt Kenseth
    3. Kevin Harvick
    4. Kyle Busch
    5. Clint Bowyer
    6. Brad Keselowski
    7. Chase Elliott
    8. Kurt Busch
    9. Kasey Kahne
    10. Kyle Larson
    11. Ryan Newman
    12. Danica Patrick
    13. Austin Dillon
    14. Daniel Suarez
    15. Ryan Blaney
    16. Michael McDowell
    17. Martin Truex Jr.
    18. Jamie McMurray
    19. AJ Allmendinger
    20. Paul Menard
    21. Chris Buescher
    22. Ricky Stenhouse Jr.
    23. Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    24. Aric Almirola
    25. Jimmie Johnson
    26. Trevor Bayne
    27. Ty Dillon
    28. Joey Logano
    29. Matt DiBenedetto
    30. Landon Cassill
    31. David Ragan
    32. Cole Whitt
    33. B.J. McLeod
    34. Reed Sorenson
    35. Gray Gaulding
    36. Timmy Hill
    37. Jeffrey Earnhardt
    38. Erik Jones
    39. Corey LaJoie
    40. Brett Moffitt

Fire From Within

I'll go

Kevin Harvick

Denny Hamlin
    Brad Keselowski

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    thnx dara

Harvick is due here at Charlotte... Two poles in last showings here at Charlotte but with one he did not finish and the other with a loose race car he managed to get a top 10

I will be looking for a good race from Harvick too.
    I wanna root for Kenseth thou.
    He is also due ... and this is Charlotte
    Watch out for Kyle B too. I do not think he is done yet
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Fire From Within

I missed the race... Early NFL game.

CONCORD, North Carolina — Martin Truex Jr. won the Bank of America 500 at Charlotte Motor Speedway in an overtime finish, opening the second round of the playoffs with his sixth Cup win of the year.

It is Truex’s second Charlotte win after winning the 2016 Coke 600.

Truex beat Chase Elliott, Kevin Harvick, Denny Hamlin and Jamie McMurray to the checkered flag following a caution for Kurt Busch spinning with three laps to go. The overtime finish added three laps to the race’s original 334-lap length.

“It was tough out there today,” Truex told NBC. “The car was a handful. It was really hot. … The pit crew was flawless. Got us track position and we were able to keep it.

Truex led 91 laps. He has won both round-opening races so far in the playoffs after also winning at Chicagoland.

“This time of year you want to be clicking on all cylinders and today we did,” Truex said. “We just did everything right.”

STAGE 1 WINNER: Kevin Harvick

STAGE 2 WINNER: Kevin Harvick

WHO HAD A GOOD DAY: Chase Elliott earned his fourth runner-up finish of the year and his third in four races. … Kevin Harvick led a race-high 149 laps before earning his 10th top five and his second of the playoffs. He finished outside the top 15 the last two races. … Jamie McMurray earned his third top five of the year and his first top 10 of the playoffs.

WHO HAD A BAD DAY: Ryan Newman finished last after a two-car crash with Clint Bowyer on Lap 44 … Erik Jones finished 17th after multiple pit stops early in the race to fix a broken shock mount …. Kyle Busch finished 29th, six laps down after causing three cautions, the last coming with nine laps to go … Danica Patrick and David Ragan were eliminated after a wreck with 69 laps to go … Ricky Stenhouse Jr. finished 13th after being caught speeding during the final pit stop.

NOTABLE: Five of Truex’s six wins this season have come at 1.5-mile tracks. Truex’s average finish at 1.5-mile tracks this season is third. … Dale Earnhardt Jr. finished 12th in his last Cup start at Charlotte.

QUOTE OF THE DAY: “You hate to finish second because it means you were close to first. But hopefully we’ll have our day soon.” – Chase Elliott

WHAT’S NEXT: Alabama 500 at Talladega Superspeedway at 2 p.m. ET on Oct. 15 on NBC