Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Excellent Enlightenment

@Shipwreck: Thanks for taking the time to help us understand this. It's very much appreciated.

No problem at all Expat. I hope it wasnt confusing... Sometimes when I try to simplify things I end up complicating them even more LOL

Okay, youre the man. So glad you surfaced and the ship is fine captain. Actually, as I mentioned earlier, did some reading on the wiki and came up with just these settings:

<advancedsettings>

<network>

<buffermode>0</buffermode>

<cachemembuffersize>419430400</cachemembuffersize>

<readbufferfactor>60</readbufferfactor>

</network>

</advancedsettings>

What do you think? I notice that sometimes I get kicked off a movie when it is about to buffer, so I think I will add back the "curllow" line to see if that helps.

Yeah those settings will work if you have the resources Chippa. I have mine set a little higher but as I mentioned earlier my system is pretty high end.
    Also, as well as the curllow don't forget the pvr setting for live tv.

Quote Originally Posted by Shipwreck View Post
    Yeah those settings will work if you have the resources Chippa. I have mine set a little higher but as I mentioned earlier my system is pretty high end.
    Also, as well as the curllow don't forget the pvr setting for live tv.
    Yes, however I think I found the optimum settings for my system:
    <advancedsettings>
    <pvr>
    <minvideocachelevel>25</minvideocachelevel>
    <minaudiocachelevel>40</minaudiocachelevel>
    </pvr>
    <network>
    <buffermode>1</buffermode>
    <cachemembuffersize>262144000</cachemembuffersize>
    <readbufferfactor>2</readbufferfactor>
    <curllowspeedtime>300</curllowspeedtime>
    </network>
    </advancedsettings>

I tested it on a movie using a readbufferfactor of 2, and 150meg cache and everything was running like silk. Brought up the codecinfo screen by pressing O and the cache was filling faster than the stream (Ideal), with the stream staying firmly on 100%. The 150meg cache was filled when the movie was halfway, so I went back and increased the cache to 250megs and buffer rate to 4. The movie got sluggish, so I kept the cache at 250 megs and returned the buffer rate to 2 and bam silk again. Of course, all of this can be affected by the stream from the source etc. I was getting about 7Mbps and I have a 8 Mbps service.

Not certain about the curllowflow setting though, will do more research and play around with it some more later on.
    Last edited by chippa; 05-27-2015 at 06:25 PM.
    Win7 PC; Kodi15 beta2
    4Gig DDR3 RAM, available 2700 megs. intel pent duo 1.6GHz.

That's how I found my optimum settings too Chippa, watching the codec info and playing with the different settings. The curllow you wouldn't want to set much higher as that would cause a lag in exiting from a badly disrupted stream and leave you sitting there watching that whirly 'working' thing for a while.

Probation
    Quote Originally Posted by Shipwreck View Post
    That's how I found my optimum settings too Chippa, watching the codec info and playing with the different settings. The curllow you wouldn't want to set much higher as that would cause a lag in exiting from a badly disrupted stream and leave you sitting there watching that whirly 'working' thing for a while.
    Hi Shipwreck, so it seems like you've discovered an ultimate cure for the guys on windows. Kudos!
    Any solution for people running Kodi on Android boxes like Minix x8-h?

thanks for info can you say how you got there in lay men terms so other can do this on win7 please

Probation
    thanks, but, where is the zip for windows ?????

rt click on the file and select save as.save as whatever u want to name it but as a .zip(select all files in lower box).if you don't it save as a php attatchment for me.or u can download as a .php and rename it to a .zip

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast