iOS /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/Kodi/userdata/
    Linux ~/.kodi/userdata/
    Mac /Users/<your_user_name>/Library/Application Support/Kodi/userdata/
    OpenELEC /storage/.kodi/userdata/
    Windows Start - type %APPDATA%\kodi\userdata - press <Enter>

Junoir Member
    The registry edits work fantastic!

tux tux tux
    espn plays fine here too without any magic advancedsettings file.

btw. I dont know if its rude, because although the analogy for explaining the settings is some the weirdest and funniest stuff I ever read it was very entertaining. i'm still alternating from scratching my head and laughing. thanks!

have fun messing around with this.

EDIT: do not misunderstand me, it was brilliant in terms of 'it do not know what the word is in english' a way to tell lay men what the different settings do in plain english with some funny analogiy's in a very elaborate way. I am not hinting that you are incorrect either.

its only 'fun' from my own point of view not at your post in particularly but from my own experience with all this and how it really impact's kodi bufferunderruns..
    i'm sorry. this is good basic knowledge in any case. I guess I am rude then :/
    Last edited by tuxen; 02-26-2016 at 02:26 AM.
    “there is nothing wrong with being insane, as long as you know it yourself.”

tux tux tux
    I didn't mean to kill this thread.. i'll try to redeem myself and add some useful info if not to late lol.

everybody interested in this should really read this:
    Code:
    http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Modify_the_video_cache
    notice the link for pvr cache too.

live tv bypasses these settings, rtmp and hls are not designed that way they are realtime protocoils and will go straight into something called the post demuxer which has a cache of 8 secs.
    there are one setting that can influence that cache and it is the pvr setting minvideocachelevel setting, and the minaudiocachelevel which becomes redundant.

fernetmenta who coded these functions explains this, kindly read all he's answers to the weird 0 buffering we see when pressing 'o' for codecinfo with live tv.
    Code:
    http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=187856
    finally a breakdown of the numbers on screen when pressing 'o' for codecinfo, which I think many wonders about:
    Code:
    http://kodi.wiki/view/Codecinfo
    Last edited by tuxen; 02-26-2016 at 09:52 PM.
    “there is nothing wrong with being insane, as long as you know it yourself.”

Quote Originally Posted by tuxen View Post
    I didn't mean to kill this thread.. i'll try to redeem myself and add some useful info if not to late lol.

everybody interested in this should really read this:
    Code:
    http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Modify_the_video_cache
    notice the link for pvr cache too.

live tv bypasses these settings, rtmp and hls are not designed that way they are realtime protocoils and will go straight into something called the post demuxer which has a cache of 8 secs.
    there are one setting that can influence that cache and it is the pvr setting minvideocachelevel setting, and the minaudiocachelevel which becomes redundant.

fernetmenta who coded these functions explains this, kindly read all he's answers to the weird 0 buffering we see when pressing 'o' for codecinfo with live tv.
    Code:
    http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=187856
    finally a breakdown of the numbers on screen when pressing 'o' for codecinfo, which I think many wonders about:
    Code:
    http://kodi.wiki/view/Codecinfo
    I using the maintenance tool app form tvaddons.ag(version 2.1.3) to edit settings, don't see any minaudiocachelevel to edit in the pvr section? hardware: Mbox MxIII, Kodi 15.2.

unbanned christmas
    Quote Originally Posted by tuxen
    Are you saying that I can set minvideocachelevel and minaudiocachelevel (what values?) in the advancedsettings.xml file to help rtmp and hls cache more than 8 seconds but is redundant?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345