Post Potato addon is very difficult to use

Ongoing problems with the addon make it difficuklt to use:

1. When selecting IPTV channels or channels in the EXTRA section, you first select ALL, then ENGLISH. The addon may ask you to select ENGLISH two or three times before accessing the list.
    The same with the EXTRAS. If you select LIVE TV and then SPORTS, you may have to re-select SPORTS 2 or 3 times before acessessing the list.

2. When you select a channel, either in IPTV or EXTRAS, and then you X out of the channel, rather than going back to the list to select another channel, the addon closes down.

Fire From Within

In "Settings", turn off the Language filter, and it will bring up all channels for IPTV channels. Extras are for channels not served by the supported servers, so that's up to couch potato on how to bring them up. The same with you comment 2... it will be up to him to maybe provide a path back to the last list.

Don't expect a quick response to your concerns/issues, as couch may be more concerned with watching TV than coding for it at the moment. If you are looking for a simpler solution, I suggest you look at the Xstream-codes IPTV add-on instead, or maybe m3u playlist player, like Playlist Loader.

Quote Originally Posted by dara View Post
    In "Settings", turn off the Language filter, and it will bring up all channels for IPTV channels. Extras are for channels not served by the supported servers, so that's up to couch potato on how to bring them up. The same with you comment 2... it will be up to him to maybe provide a path back to the last list.

Don't expect a quick response to your concerns/issues, as couch may be more concerned with watching TV than coding for it at the moment. If you are looking for a simpler solution, I suggest you look at the Xstream-codes IPTV add-on instead, or maybe m3u playlist player, like Playlist Loader.
    Dara... your reply to turn off the Language filter actually solved problem 1 AND problem 2.
    Thanks Much

Sounds like you are not using the Addon correctly.
    LiveTV Channels should be accessed using PVR IPTV Simple Client, not from PotatoTV Video addon menue.

Watch the Video I posted here -> http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?3...ring-Method-**

Download and play.
    /kens

Fire From Within

Using the PVR is a matter of preference. I personally don't use the PVR as I've had competing add-ons attempting to access it.

I do use PVR Simple Client for my day to day TV. But, I have it set up in the Group Manager to hide most of the channels I do not use very often. I keep Potato TV activated for 2 reasons. One, if
    I want to watch a channel that I have hidden in Simple Client, I can watch that channel in the FULL channel list on Potato. The other use I have for Potato, is when a channel is down, or freezing, on
    Simple Client, I can watch that channel problem free as a backup in the EXTRAS section of Live TV channels.