Question Potato TV installed successfully....but....

The only issue is that the guide takes forever to load since there are so many VOD channels. Do you know how I can eliminate the VOD channels being loaded by the guide so that I can speed it up?
    NVidia Shield running Android 5.1.1 - wired ethernet to FIOS 150/150 service - Kodi 17.4 - IPTVXtra using IPTV Simple Client

The Guide contains no information with respect to VOD/ TV-Series etc.
    You are obviously using an Android system with a slow processor.
    If you can access VOD from your PVR, you enabled "Include VOD" in the Potato setup. you should redo the setup with this disabled.
    You could try "EPG Shrink" setting, in the PotatoTV config settings. I dont know if it would help since I have never enabled it.
    Upgrade to a faster box, is the recommended way to go. Benefits are enjoyed in all aspects of use, (and the cost is minimal).

/kens

Quote Originally Posted by kens View Post
    The Guide contains no information with respect to VOD/ TV-Series etc.
    You are obviously using an Android system with a slow processor.
    If you can access VOD from your PVR, you enabled "Include VOD" in the Potato setup. you should redo the setup with this disabled.
    You could try "EPG Shrink" setting, in the PotatoTV config settings. I dont know if it would help since I have never enabled it.
    Upgrade to a faster box, is the recommended way to go. Benefits are enjoyed in all aspects of use, (and the cost is minimal).

/kens
    Yessir, Matricom G-Box running Android 5.1.1 :-/

I'll try those suggestions. Thanks!
    NVidia Shield running Android 5.1.1 - wired ethernet to FIOS 150/150 service - Kodi 17.4 - IPTVXtra using IPTV Simple Client

Dont forget that every Enabled addon will, upon startup, use either cpu resources, or Internet bandwidth to initialize and update itself.
    This all occurs simultaneously while you are loading the PVR Playlist and EPG Guide.
    Lots of Enabled addons take up space in Ram, which leaves the PVR Startup area available for it in Memory smaller and smaller.
    KODI is resource heavy. Even a minimal setup for IPTV on an Android STB should have 2Gb ram and Quad processor or you may not be able to use the EPG Guide without waiting (or Crashing).
    Anyway, I've used alot of different boxes the past 2 years, and lately the new units are making those problems disappear since the Processors are faster and most are 2-3 Gb.
    For a great user experience, Invest $100 ( if you enjoy your TV viewing time! ).

* ...and stop using Custom Kodi builds. Just adds problems "IMO"
    /kens