Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
    TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggy View Post
    Been a couple weeks with the buzz and iptv in general. Loving the xpl3000 so far. I have a couple different subs I've been trying out and with the VOD for each the first time I play a movie it's displayed in 16:9 and I have to change the setting manually to auto. Then any movie i play is automatically formatted to fit the the screen. When I power off/standby the buzz and go back to VOD, the display setting is back to 16:9. Kind of a nuisance to fix every time.

Is there a way to change the settings in the buzz to set the display to auto?
    I noticed this as well, tack it onto the wish list for the next update

Quote Originally Posted by citrus View Post
    I'm referring to skip back and skip forward live tv, similar to what you do on a bell pvr. The back button zips back 15 seconds and the forward button zips forward 30 seconds. You can do this during live tv to do an "instant replay". The content doesnt necessarily need to already be recorded, as the pvr keeps a buffer of the currently tuned in stream regardless of whether or not you have started recording it manually.
    Just played around on the buzz and I can do the pause, skip forward and backward and works with both subs I use. The only thing is that it goes back and forth in 1 minute increments. I can tell the time as I'm watching CP24.

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggy View Post
    Just played around on the buzz and I can do the pause, skip forward and backward and works with both subs I use. The only thing is that it goes back and forth in 1 minute increments. I can tell the time as I'm watching CP24.
    Quote Originally Posted by citrus View Post
    So, I got an XPL3000 to test out and while yes, it can record any stream there are some major limitations.

1) There is no skip forward / skip back functionality so you can't "instant replay" something you saw.
    2) If you try to create a scheduled timer recording, you have to leave the "Live TV" app running on the box 24/7 because if you exit it, and go to the main menu, the recording won't start. This is a huge waste of bandwidth and just plain dumb.

I've emailed the developer asking if they can implement the first two features, and fix the scheduled recording problem.
    Any update on scheduling recordings into USB flash card? I got a Buzztv and trying to schedule it into usb flash drive. Does it work? Any tips appreciated.

Junoir Member
    Put the NTSF formattedflash drive into usb drive and Buzztv recognized it. Scheduled 3 recordings last night for programs this morning.

Saw a tick mark next to the recordings when I switched now. But unable to play any of them. Why did the recording not happen?

I scheduled recording from EPG and red button.

Update:

I contacted buzztv support and was told to keep the "live tv" app on and not to go into home or standby mode. If i keep the livetv on for say 8 hours/night, what will be the apprpox data consumption? I have a 1TB monthly cap and have few other devices.

Junoir Member
    How do we contact the development team to fix the scheduled recording with lipvetvapp in standby mode? If people like us give this feedback, will they think about in future update?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by quizzer View Post
    How do we contact the development team to fix the scheduled recording with lipvetvapp in standby mode? If people like us give this feedback, will they think about in future update?
    you just did and they told you what to do

Ambassador
    Put the NTSF formattedflash drive into usb drive and Buzztv recognized it. Scheduled 3 recordings last night for programs this morning.

Saw a tick mark next to the recordings when I switched now. But unable to play any of them. Why did the recording not happen?

I scheduled recording from EPG and red button.

Update:

I contacted buzztv support and was told to keep the "live tv" app on and not to go into home or standby mode. If i keep the livetv on for say 8 hours/night, what will be the apprpox data consumption? I have a 1TB monthly cap and have few other devices.
    You cannot record something and the device is in an offline state. TV is viewed within the app so the app has to engaged or in an online state.

If you have a 1TB cap it makes no sense doing recording
    s in my opinion. Best to install an app where you can view the recorded stuff like kodi.

Ambassador
    Well you did that already and was given the answer to your query. Doing a recording is like watching TV, so to watch TV or record, the app has to be open or engaged.

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dishuser View Post
    you just did and they told you what to do
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestro701 View Post
    You cannot record something and the device is in an offline state. TV is viewed within the app so the app has to engaged or in an online state.

If you have a 1TB cap it makes no sense doing recording
    s in my opinion. Best to install an app where you can view the recorded stuff like kodi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestro701 View Post
    Well you did that already and was given the answer to your query. Doing a recording is like watching TV, so to watch TV or record, the app has to be open or engaged.
    Got an update from BuzzTV support last night that many customers have requested for recording to happen without streaming. They are working to have the 'livetv" app on but without streaming so that recording can happen. ETA is 4-6 weeks.

see dont care about that its bust for recording i like safe thats only way they can get you as of this time have not seen a letter yet but thats the one that will get you but no ones cares till its to late just my two cents look it up and read
    Last edited by Marley; 06-29-2018 at 06:58 PM.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast