Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junoir Member

Volume low on most channels

I recently posted about a humming noise coming from my subwoofer . Well it turns out my Pioneer system was not compatible with the Global Media 4k box. i have since purchased an updated Pioneer Receiver and no humming.
    The problem I am experiencing with the IPTV is a lot of the channels have very low volume . I have tried the audio through my TV and no difference . I can't locate any Audio settings that give you the option to adjust the audio, except for audio output ,which I've tried on HDMI and Code CX and passthrough is enabled , tried turning this off as well.

Is anyone else having this issue and were they able to find a solution ?

Depends on what program you are using for IPTV.
    Kodi has Volume control that controls system volume + an amplification function that will ad up to ~16dB.
    Also many other audio related functions.

Need more info about your setup though.
    /kens

Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by lorie67 View Post
    I recently posted about a humming noise coming from my subwoofer . Well it turns out my Pioneer system was not compatible with the Global Media 4k box. i have since purchased an updated Pioneer Receiver and no humming.
    The problem I am experiencing with the IPTV is a lot of the channels have very low volume . I have tried the audio through my TV and no difference . I can't locate any Audio settings that give you the option to adjust the audio, except for audio output ,which I've tried on HDMI and Code CX and passthrough is enabled , tried turning this off as well.

I have no issues with volume?
    whats your media volume set at?

I'm not having any low audio issues with mine. You CAN adjust the audio level in the audio output, tho. On the audio settings page where you see the AUDIO_CODEC AUDIO_HDMI AUDIO_SPDF, there is a setting for Media Volume right at the top of the page. Click on that and adjust your volume up and see if that doesn't fix the issue.

IDK why you can't seem to plug into the A/V jack without getting a hum. I tried to use the Harman Kardon Soundsticks that I've been using for a dozen years in my laptops and towers, but got the awful hum. Kind of a killer for me, TBH and I quit using it. While I do have ok sound built into the Samsung Curved Monitor, I really love the sound from the Soundsticks.

The very fact that they send you the box with zero documentation, and I can't seem to find anything online is a buzz kill. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with this box now.

Nonetheless, the audio can be turned up or down on the top of that page.

Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by expatter View Post
    I'm not having any low audio issues with mine. You CAN adjust the audio level in the audio output, tho. On the audio settings page where you see the AUDIO_CODEC AUDIO_HDMI AUDIO_SPDF, there is a setting for Media Volume right at the top of the page. Click on that and adjust your volume up and see if that doesn't fix the issue.

IDK why you can't seem to plug into the A/V jack without getting a hum. I tried to use the Harman Kardon Soundsticks that I've been using for a dozen years in my laptops and towers, but got the awful hum. Kind of a killer for me, TBH and I quit using it. While I do have ok sound built into the Samsung Curved Monitor, I really love the sound from the Soundsticks.

The very fact that they send you the box with zero documentation, and I can't seem to find anything online is a buzz kill. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with this box now.

Nonetheless, the audio can be turned up or down on the top of that page.
    ill report the issue to the guys behind the global

Junoir Member
    I have the volume st at 20 in KODI. I purchased the box from an electronics store and they hooked me up with the IPTV .
    thanks for your reply

Warrior
    I have the volume st at 20 in KODI. I purchased the box from an electronics store and they hooked me up with the IPTV .
    thanks for your reply
    we are not talking kodi,we are talking the main menu,settings,sound....

Junoir Member
    Thanks for your reply the Media setting you're referring is set at max.

Junoir Member
    The MEDIA Volume is set at Max in the sound settings of the Global Media box 4k. I don't know what else to try

Junoir Member
    Hi Ken I checked my APPS and it looks the IPTV is Super TV version 0.21.0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast