Register

Thread: Mayfair Guides

Junoir Member

Mayfair Guides

Has anyone used Mayfair Guides with iptv private server on KODI? I see that it works with Gears and a few others. Is there a way to get it to work with IPTV private server? Does it have something to do with using potato or stalker?

Quote Originally Posted by TJTV View Post
    Has anyone used Mayfair Guides with iptv private server on KODI? I see that it works with Gears and a few others. Is there a way to get it to work with IPTV private server? Does it have something to do with using potato or stalker?
    You can use whatever guide you want to, but if you use any guide other than those mentioned and supported here, you have to save EVERY channel to favourites first and then link EACH channel in the guide to the one in your favourites. It's labor-intensive.

You have several options for a setup with a guide, it all depends on personal preference. Spend some time reading the forums and decide which way you want to use the servers and guide options.

A word of warning: be careful about which addons you allow in your system. There have been times when a dev got pissed and wrote code in the addon to delete stuff in your system (like settings and addons). If I recall right, Mayfair did some shady stuff within the past year. Google is your friend for getting info on which addons have been guilty of hijacking systems. You are much safer just using a pvr client and linking one of the epg urls listed in the forums. But in the end, it's all up to personal choice.

TV Addicted
    I use Renigades, it was originally the same with favorites, but the new upgrade allows you to blouse and choose any app with credentials for NFPS/Rocket to be attached. If you also have alternate sources for live channels you can cascade so if one fails, the other will kick in, if it is working for the channel. I have one channels with four links to one channel. I am now not using any favorite links to watch the channels I want.