Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rib sauce

rib sauce

any one have a good bbq sauce for pork ribs - ribs will be steamed first before bbq'ing tks.

Check out KoolKat's post for pork rib sauce,it looks like it would work real good on ribs,he does his steakes the same way I do my ribs,I brown them on both sides and then put in sauce on top rack in $1.00 store aluminum pan.Turn down to low heat and cook for an hour or so covered, drink beer and keep an eye on them and make sure they don,t boil dry.I try to keep my BBQ heat around 250 and I never boil my ribs before BBQing anymore. This works real good for me...enjoy.

thanks steve2, I'll check it out.

What style ribs do you want??...Kansas City, St. Louis, Memphis, Carolinas or Southern??...I'd be happy to help you with any sauce or style you want but be forewarned...NEVER, EVER, EVER...precook, parboil or steam your ribs for the grill. It only removes most of the flavor and fat too soon. Ribs are a big fav and it's not a quick process to properly grill them. If you don't want to take the time, don't do em!!
    "This is my rifle, this is my gun, one is for shooting the other for fun"...Army marching cadence

Would appreciate Southern Style...Thanks Steve2

still a rookie with the ribs, the only method used so far - cook ribs standing, in covered roasting pan in oven, covered with dill and garlic marinade. Put about 1/8 inch of vinegar in pan for cooking. ( the vinegar breaks down the fat enzymes ( so I'm told ) When cooked, put on BBQ and sauce them up. Have tried a few varieties of homemade sauces but never kept track of ingredients. Results have been pretty good - meat falls off the bone and pretty tasty. Wouldn't mind giving your southern style a try. thanks

Okay, you guys have very different methods of doing ribs, I won't argue about methods but here is a very tasty sauce to try:

1/4 cup EVO(extra virgin olive oil)
    1/2 cup finely chopped red or Vidalia onion
    2 teaspoons minced garlic
    1 cup chicken broth
    3/4 cup ketchup
    1/2 cup orange juice concentrate
    1/2 cup steak sauce
    2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
    1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
    1 tablespoon ground coffee
    2 teaspoons dried chervil
    1/2 teaspoon celery seeds
    1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

in a saucepan over medium-high heat warm the olive oil and add the onion and garlic and cook for 2-3 min while stirring, add the remaining ingredients and simmer for 20-30 min
    while whisking, transfer to bowl cover and refrigerate til ready to use.....good luck guys...enjoy

credit for this one to chef Fritz S..
    "This is my rifle, this is my gun, one is for shooting the other for fun"...Army marching cadence

If you haven't tried "dry ribs" only made with a rub, you're missing out, believe me...

KoolkatT.... if you have a recipe you want to share for the "dry ribs" I'd be happy to give it a try. On vacation for a few weeks, may need something to do between beers.

For "Memphis style Dry Rub"

3 tablespoons Kosher salt
    3 tablespoons whole black peppercorns
    2 tablespoons brown sugar
    1 1/2 tablespoons whole mustard seeds
    1 1/2 tablespoons sweet paprika
    2 teaspoons dried oregano
    1 1/2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds
    1 1/2 teaspoons whole fennel seeds
    1/1/2 teaspoons celery seeds
    1 1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
    1 teaspoon dried thyme

in a spice grinder or blender pulse the mixture for a few seconds, may have to do in two batches. You want to end up with a coarse texture not a powder. Spread on ribs generously and
    let sit for 30-40 min before grilling.......enjoy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast