On a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam...

Question Two PVR clients @ the same time?

Hey all, as the title says any of you guys running two pvr clients at the same time? It seems that I'm unable to run them at the same time. I'm trying to run PVR Stalker and PVR Simple with no luck, if I enable the Simple client only channels from that client are loading and Stalker client is left behind in the dust. Some time ago I was able to run them both at the same time, I don't know what changed but it seems like Simple client is taking over and loads channels and that's it. Any ideas?

Running latest stable ver. of SPMC on AFTV2.

Thx aCiD.
    Catch me smoking weed where the Wild things are.

Quote Originally Posted by aCiDjEsUs View Post
    Hey all, as the title says any of you guys running two pvr clients at the same time? It seems that I'm unable to run them at the same time. I'm trying to run PVR Stalker and PVR Simple with no luck, if I enable the Simple client only channels from that client are loading and Stalker client is left behind in the dust. Some time ago I was able to run them both at the same time, I don't know what changed but it seems like Simple client is taking over and loads channels and that's it. Any ideas?

Running latest stable ver. of SPMC on AFTV2.

Thx aCiD.
    I don't have the answer as to what has changed, but you can run two instances of Simple Client and use one for NFPS and the other for whatever else. You can find Simple Client2 online via Google or just copy and rename your copy of Simple Client. Before combining playlists this is how I did it. If you have 500 channels on one list (eg) then in settings on your second client, start channel numbers at 501 or anything you want to distinguish between the two clients.

From what I remember, Stalker Client continually sends security checks and the protocol is different than Simple Client. I don't remember the exact language used that described this that I read sometime last year but there is a thread somewhere on here that explains it. All I know is that two instances of Simple Client do work.

Cheers.

On a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam...
    Thank you EX tried to run two simple clients and works like a charm. Will have to dig into that issue deeper and see what seems to be the culprit.
    Catch me smoking weed where the Wild things are.