Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junoir Member

T1 Clone Formuler Z

Hiya captainkangaroo I hope you can help me as you seem to be the Dreamlink guru

I got one these Formuler Z+ boxes "UK" and was wondering if these boxes are kinda the same as the Dreamlink T1?

Can't seem to find a whole lot about them on forums but do about the T1 so was wondering have I bout a fake box / clone since they look identical in looks and spec

Sorry if wrong thread to post this in

Quote Originally Posted by jjwerrett View Post
    Hiya captainkangaroo I hope you can help me as you seem to be the Dreamlink guru

I got one these Formuler Z+ boxes "UK" and was wondering if these boxes are kinda the same as the Dreamlink T1?

Can't seem to find a whole lot about them on forums but do about the T1 so was wondering have I bout a fake box / clone since they look identical in looks and spec

Sorry if wrong thread to post this in
    I think they are basically a T1 for Europe.
    I may be thinking of the A5 box.
    There are a few differences in the A5 firmware and the T1 firmware, mainly is the Market.
    The main splash screen and the some menus are different, but mostly very similar.
    The DOL and the MYTV are a big difference , although they both work same
    They are very similar except instead of DOL they use another App MYTV for connecting to stalker servers.
    Should be a good box, just not sure where to get software for them. Maybe they do OTA Updates like Dreamlink does.
    Again, I may be thinking of a different box
    PM Supermod Crazed 2.0, I think he may have one and can give you better info
    Last edited by Capt.Kangaroo; 08-23-2017 at 02:06 AM.
    I gather darkness to please me...

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Formula Z Prime or Plus and the Openbox A5 are the two newest boxes those companies have put on the market. These two companies have been around awhile. Most all of their sales are in Europe or Asia, and prolly other Eastern Hemisphere places.

I do own an Openbox A5 model as well as the T1 Plus model and they are similar in their iptv app (DOL and MYTVOnline).
    The Formula Z is also very similar (it runs the MYTV application, same as the Openbox A5)
    Differences are their updates. They all get pushed from the internet, but not at same time or same consistency.

And no need to worry about having a clone there jjwerrett. Your box (FormulaZ +) is actually ahead of the DOL (Dreamlink) as per IPTV application updates.
    The Formula Z and the A5 are both legit boxes and with their own legit support and same can be said for the T1 model
    An IPTV app (Middlewre) is not unique to any one box maker. And multiple box makers will or may run the same type of iptv app (Middleware), just with some tweaks to make it their own.

Your Formula Z Market will not be have the same content as the DOL market, as Captain says.

MYTV Online hooks up to Rocket or any other service with no issues
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 08-23-2017 at 03:46 AM.
    I must not forget, we must not forget, that we are human beings.
    - Ren

Thanks Crazed....
    I gather darkness to please me...

Junoir Member
    thank you so much captainkangaroo and carzed 2.0 really great reply as to what this formuler z+ box is, and hoping i didn't get some cheaper rubbish! but glad got it now as got a mag256 which had for ages, and as much i love my mag the iptv app on this box is superb looking, i even say easier than my zgemma box with its skins on

am i ok to post in this forum though as obviously this is for the dreamlink models, i cant seem to find any decent forum for these formuler boxes so i am back and forth reading up on bits on here since there softwares are very simular to each other and box specs are well i swear it the same box hardware / OS version. I thought best to ask encase it isn't allowed as dont want to upset any other members posting about another branded box

i so hope these boxes get a spec upgrade though as the DOL/MYTVOnline app is fantastic "shame cant buy it separately" but i feel the boxes are a little dated in spec for such a great app, and also that they improve the epg with somehow storing the downloaded epg info is grabs so it dont have to search "no information" each time load the box/app up

thank you once again for the great reply guys

Junoir Member
    Crazed. Any chance you could help or guide me in the right direction. I have a t1 plud but im having issue's with recording. Is 1tb too much for the dreamlink? Also when using total commander its showing my ext hd as full when it is empty!

jjwerrett, we will maybe one day get a Formula Z forum up on the board. But that all depends on the activity.
    For now we should be posting about this box in the Other Receivers forum.
    When or if enough activity is seen, then a new forum specific to that receiver could be in the works
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 08-25-2017 at 01:46 AM.
    - Ren

Quote Originally Posted by Moondog View Post
    Crazed. Any chance you could help or guide me in the right direction. I have a t1 plud but im having issue's with recording. Is 1tb too much for the dreamlink? Also when using total commander its showing my ext hd as full when it is empty!
    sorry Moondog, I have not attempted to record thru this T1
    That 1 TB should not be the issue thou.

Did you format that 1 TB drive thru your PC or thru a program like Swissknive ..
    Your PC may not effectively format an external drive that big.
    Try a program like Swissknife (free on the world wide web)
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 08-25-2017 at 03:00 AM.
    - Ren

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crazed 2.0 View Post
    jjwerrett, we will maybe one day get a Formula Z forum up on the board. But that all depends on the activity.
    For now we should be posting about this box in the Other Receivers forum.
    When or if enough activity is seen, then a new forum specific to that receiver could be in the works
    thats great thank you so much crazed 2.0 and hope it does as this box seems just as good as the T1 plus but the tiny forum i found on the formuler models is mostly foreign language which really isnt much use to me when trying read or look up stuff even when use google translator lol

@moondog what format is the hard drive in NTFS? as have you tried fat32 or maybe even exfat format which i believe android native format

Junoir Member
    does this box have a better epg / bouquet style channel list?
    specs seem exactly the same

thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast