Dominick Cruz has suffered another knee injury.

Dominick_Cruz_0_0.jpg

The former UFC bantamweight champion, who was sidelined for years after suffering consecutive knee injuries, has now suffered an ACL injury in his right knee.

"It is with great sadness to report I have experienced another ACL injury," Cruz posted on his Facebook page. "This time it’s in the right knee, opposite side of my first and second ACL injuries."

Cruz, who lost his UFC title due to consecutive injuries, knocked Takeya Mizugaki out in 61 seconds in his return to the Octagon at UFC 178, earning a shot at 135-pound champion T.J. Dillashaw with the victory. However, he won’t be ready to face him any time soon.

"Leading up to my last fight in September and after, I have practiced a very careful and methodical training and diet regime to keep my body healthy. Unfortunately, this is beyond my understanding and control," he continued. "I don’t have a timetable for my return but trust and know I will pour my heart and soul into returning to the Octagon.

"I want to thank the UFC, my fans and my sponsors ahead of time for your support and prayers. I appreciate you more than you could understand. I don’t have any other facts to share right now. I, along with my camp, respectfully request privacy at this difficult time. Thank you."

The UFC has yet to announce who will be the next fighter to challenge Dillashaw for the UFC title.