Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Bkman2020 View Post
    Provider has control over epg.
    No, provider controls the content of the EPG. The box programmers control how the EPG is loaded to the box and whether it is stored.

As was mentioned, I wish the DL team would just acknowledge the issue and update us on whether its fixable or not. If they are working on it...great! I can be patient. If it can’t be fixed, I can live with that too. Just want to know which it is!

This has NOTHING to do with the IPTV provider.

I run all the boxes basically, and the Dreamlink is the only box that doesn't cache the entire EPG listings upon loading the stalker server.

Almost every one I have spoken to has mentioned how they don't like that. Why not cache the whole thing on boot, then update the guide every 25-40 minutes in the background for any changes/new programs. But yeah it doesn't matter the server, this is a box issue.

Thanks for the Feedback guys.
    I asked them about this issue and they said, "we will take top priority on EPG cache issue."
    Last edited by Capt.Kangaroo; 09-28-2017 at 11:32 AM.
    I gather darkness to please me...

Quote Originally Posted by Captainkangaroo View Post
    I asked them about this issue and they said, "we will take top priority on EPG cache issue."
    That’s exciting Captain! Thank you.

As I mentioned in the update thread, there seems to be a cache of some kind happening now as I’ve had EPG population on startup the past two mornings. It does seem a bit inconsistent though and having the ability to force a full download of the EPG instead of scrolling page by page would be ideal!

Thanks again for the update!

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Captainkangaroo View Post
    Any update on this? New user here and I find it frustrating trying to watch TV when the EPG says No information for everything unless I sit at a channel for 20-30 seconds...

Junoir Member
    I recently purchased the Dreamlink T1 Plus... I love the box, the guide is awesome,, it's the closest thing to a real provider STB.
    The only thing that is driving me nuts right now is the "no information" in the guide. Yes I know if you wait 5 sec that page in the guide will populate, but this is super frustrating.
    Is there any solution in the works? I have 2 months to return this box, if the guide stays this way, unfortunately I think i'll be returning the Dreamlink and trying something else.

word on on the street is there will be an update in a few months that will allow the box to use the other API available to it.
    This means full epg will load on launch, and will also load full VOD library instead of one page at a time as you scroll through the pages.

they tried making the epg poll the full list using MAG api, but this resulted in triggering servers anti-ddos stuff as it loads channel by channel making several requests over and over (multiply that by every user and its a night mare)..
    instead of making a workaround/bandaid fix, they are doing better and rebuild from the ground up using the new API.

thats what a little birdie told me anyways, so we'll have to wait and see

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by psycon View Post
    word on on the street is there will be an update in a few months that will allow the box to use the other API available to it.
    This means full epg will load on launch, and will also load full VOD library instead of one page at a time as you scroll through the pages.

they tried making the epg poll the full list using MAG api, but this resulted in triggering servers anti-ddos stuff as it loads channel by channel making several requests over and over (multiply that by every user and its a night mare)..
    instead of making a workaround/bandaid fix, they are doing better and rebuild from the ground up using the new API.

thats what a little birdie told me anyways, so we'll have to wait and see
    This is a big one

Junoir Member
    I hope it is fixed soon. Having to wait about 3-5 seconds per page is making the DOL2 EPG too painful for me to use. Find myself using the Dreamlink less because of this.

You could stop using DOL and load kodi with potatoTV.
    You will lose recording but you get a great guide supplied by external sources.
    /kens

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12