Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junoir Member

DOL2 deletes EPG Guide Cache when you exit the App - and have to rebuild it again

Wish DOL2 had a way to cache the EPG guide. Everytime you exit and return - it has to repopulate all over again. Bummer.

Junoir Member
    i have to agree here it is annoying sometimes, wish there was a way the app was able to store the epg guide data that is downloaded, or automatically when the app is launched it downloads the data required to update the epg and cross checks it with current epg so only updates say the next day required etc

This is truly the only issue I have with this box now. Maybe CaptainKangaroo can shed some light on whether this is something the Dreamlink team is working on for the future? Surely they are aware of the problem. Other boxes are able to download the EPG info on startup, heck even kodi does it! If Dreamlink can ever make that happen on these boxes, it would be the perfect box.

TV Addicted
    I find the same issue. I wish DOL would download full epg on load rather than waiting for epg to load page by page

Junoir Member
    lets hope this happens on the next update as dont seem hear much about updates for the box as all goes quiet then it a waiting game lol

Junoir Member
    Very much hoping this is fixed in the Sept 25 update. I only have two issues with the Dreamlink:
    1. This EPG caching issue.
    2. An issue where you can’t stop a stream without exiting DOL2. This makes an awkward workflow for non-IPTV users who only want to turn off the tv and turn on the tv. In my house, if they turn off the actual tv, the iptv stream continues to play on the Dreamlink, wasting hours of bandwidth. Turning on the Dreamlink should instantly start the last channel (not from boot). Turning off should stop the stream without exiting DOL so a user does not have to re-enter the app on start.

Junoir Member
    I can confirm this issue has not been resolved with the 2.7.76 update. This is a huge point of friction - an EPG that doesn't show content unless you constantly stop and wait as you scroll to let it populate. Reboot and you have to do it again.

I would be great if Dreamlink could indicate if they have a plan to resolve this issue or simply cannot.

Provider has control over epg.
    Lets Go !

Provider has control to a certain extent....i have 3 android boxes and they both load the epg fully and its cached....works fine. Dreamlink definitely had a problem with the slow EPG loading that is not provider related.

Warrior
    the epg is a dreamlink issue Global box and buzz load instantly

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast