Junoir Member

MAG256 help blue screen

hi guys need some help with the mag 256 it was working great then on sunday night i turned it on got the logo screen after that just a blue screen if I press the red button on the remote to turn off the box the blue screen goes away for a split second and I can see the iptv channels then the box goes off, switching it back on i have my iptv channels just no sound have changed hdmi i have reset default settings tried different tv still no joy its really doing my head in need help
    cheers

Junoir Member
    I to had the same problem but it seems nobody knows anything about. I found that the box will work with an rca cables but picture quality is terrible. I can't seem to figur out what it might be.

Go inside the inner portal to video and check the that it is not sitting on pal. Change the correct resolution.
    To go directly to inner portal
    -unplug power from the box
    -Plug back power and in 5 sec hold down menu button which will force to go to inner portal.
    -select system settings
    -select video

Quote Originally Posted by shaf4706 View Post
    Go inside the inner portal to video and check the that it is not sitting on pal. Change the correct resolution.
    To go directly to inner portal
    -unplug power from the box
    -Plug back power and in 5 sec hold down menu button which will force to go to inner portal.
    -select system settings
    -select video
    Good advise! I recommend what shaf4706 said in his post. Other things to try - new HDMI cable, new HDMI port on TV, make sure TV is turned on before booting the box up.

Other than the resolution/video region setting mentioned above, my only question is - where did you buy the box from specifically?

Junoir Member
    Hi. I had the same issue. I contacted the supplier who didn't want to know. I hadn't tried to use the box for a couple of months after buying it as I was using a Technomate 5402 which had a few months left on my subscription. I ended up wasting a years subscription with the supplier of the Mag 256 who refuses to acknowledge that it was never used on his portal despite my having paid for it. When I got too persistent he just stopped answering my queries. I raised the matter with Infomir who asked me to return the box directly to them. They replaced the main board under warranty ant it's been perfect since. I have since paid for an IPTV subscription fromthe company that looked after my Technomate system. It's my first time using a Mag 256 with IPTV and I'm very impressed with the speed.