Thread: IPTV on VLC

unbanned christmas

IPTV on VLC

Hello, if I order a package from one of the channel providers;
    http://iptvprivateserver.is/
    http://iptvrocket.is/
    http://iptv66.com/

Will I get my own private m3u list so I can watch my channels in VLC?

I remember ordering a package a couple yeas ago for my Kodi box and I had to get a MAC address and there was a lot of configuring but I don't want to do that now. I have a PC hooked up to my TV so I just want to be able to play the channels on my computer.
    Thanks
    something here

Fire From Within

VLC will allow you to edit the downloaded list which you save as your own private list, so yes. That list is also easily modified via a text editor. The list is specific to your donation, so you can't run it concurrently on other apps or boxes, and the donation is also specific to your IP address.

There is no need for a MAC address when using VLC. The donation checker will only show your link when you "zero-out" your MAC.

unbanned christmas
    Okay, so basically when I sign up to one of the providers, I will get a login to the "donation checker" site emailed to me and then when I login there is no MAC registered so will show me a link to download the m3u channel list?

What IP address do I register with on the site then? Do I have to provide my external ISP IP address?

BTW - is there a channel listing of each provider? Thanks
    something here

Fire From Within

Your IP address is logged at the server, and you do have to do an 'IPTV Reset' if you change locations (or your ISP reassigns your dynamic IP), but there is no need to register the IP. There is a channel list somewhere in the server sections or in the news/announcements at the top of the main page. Look for a post by tinieblax. The servers all have the same channel offerings, many channels are non-natively created.

unbanned christmas
    Okay, thanks for the info. if I have a computer in the bedroom and the livingroom, can I use VLC on both at the same time or can I only watch one channel at a time?

Fire From Within

Quote Originally Posted by matrixebiz View Post
    Okay, thanks for the info. if I have a computer in the bedroom and the livingroom, can I use VLC on both at the same time or can I only watch one channel at a time?
    The server can detect that you are using the donation in more than one location, so you can't. A session token is generated when you connect, so if the server sees that the token is in use, it will kill that stream if you start another one, and records a hit against your donation. That isn't good, as you are only allowed three hits. It's a measure to prevent streams getting copied by other IPTV sellers.

unbanned christmas
    Okay, I understand but I just checked the IPTV Channel list and there are no Canada channels
    something here