Thread: MAC Question

MAC Question

I have 2 AVOV boxes, each using their own donation numbers.

I have 2 kids going off to college and I want to set them up on Kodi using their own donations. Do I use the MAC addresses from the AVOV boxes? Can you use one MAC address on 2 different donations?

If not, what MAC address should I use if they're only using their donation on Kodi? I know the Kodi's MAC prefix numbers, but not sure what the best way is to accomplish my goals.

TIA

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    A MAC address needs to be attached to your code only if you want to use the receiver for the iptv paid services. You do not need Kodi to do that with the Avovs. They work with the server connection without the help of Kodi and the Stalker Clients or Potato TV apps needed.
    They can work with them apps too, but generally not needed to with the avovs

Okay, in the avov TVOnline screens is where you will find the MAC address (or on the bottom or the side of the box may be a sticker with the MAC showing there as well. It will have a prefix of 00:1A:79
    Each box will have its own MAC addy with same prefix.
    That is the MAC that you would attach to each code respectively (yes, each code needs to be attached to a individual MAC address).
    There is the m3u Playlist method too which is offered by the services and no MAC is needed with that, but that is another method and not what is concerned here.

Now you can also use Kodi and one of them Client apps or Potato Tv on your Avovs and then you would need a generated MAC with a prefix of 00:1A:78 (each box would need its own generated MAC)
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?15280-MAC-generater
    I must not forget, we must not forget, that we are human beings.
    - Ren

Hi Crazed.

Thanks for the response! I have the AVOV boxes working - they've been setup for a while now.

I already have Kodi working (temporarily) using the MAC and donation # from one of my AVOV boxes. Potato TV is installed. Now that I have it working, I want to change the MAC and donation number so the kids can access the system on their computers while at college. I see the MAC generator for Kodi - thanks for the link.

I assume one MAC and donation # can be used for both kids, as long as they will not be accessing the system at the same time, correct? They hardly watch any TV.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mavblues View Post
    Hi Crazed.

Thanks for the response! I have the AVOV boxes working - they've been setup for a while now.

I already have Kodi working (temporarily) using the MAC and donation # from one of my AVOV boxes. Potato TV is installed. Now that I have it working, I want to change the MAC and donation number so the kids can access the system on their computers while at college. I see the MAC generator for Kodi - thanks for the link.

I assume one MAC and donation # can be used for both kids, as long as they will not be accessing the system at the same time, correct? They hardly watch any TV.
    if the two will be using the same generated MAC addy and same donation , then it will work as long as the both are never ever turned on at same time. They may need an IPTV Reset preformed at the service website too, that would be needed everytime they use the MAC at a different IP location.
    May or may not need the IPTV Reset.
    I must not forget, we must not forget, that we are human beings.
    - Ren

Great, thanks for the help!