Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Warrior
    patriot has them on his site

Junoir Member
    I mistakenly changed the 1080p output to 4K. Is there a way to reset the box as my tv doesn’t support 4K

Junoir Member
    I know that some IPTV boxes can be reset by using a toothpick inserting in the AV port.. I bet you can feel a small click when you do press toothpick in there..
    Good Luck!

Junoir Member
    Hi Guys!

I need some help here..
    I have been using Global Media Box 4k for a month now. It has been working.. no issues.
    I got another one and I am seeing box stops responding to the remote control.
    It recovers from it also good 15-20 minutes or so.. but it goes back again so same issue after some minutes of usage.

I see the red light blink on the remote... and the led on the box doesn't blink. Seems like the box starts ignoring the RF input.

Also I know for sure that the box is not frozen as I can use keyboard and mouse if used via usb.. just doesnt respond to remote input.. and the same remote just works fine on the other box. so remote control is not bad.
    any way I could fix this issue?
    any help would be great!

Thanks Guys!

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    could be the IR sensor which is behind the front display of the Global box.
    Might be out of position slightly.

But that does not explain why it works for a short time period and then stops working.

Does your other remote work correctly on this new box ?
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Junoir Member
    Thanks for getting back!

So I have tried both of the remotes:
    1. both remotes work just fine with the older box, and
    2. and the new box shows same issue no matter which remote I use.

Quote Originally Posted by mastgabro View Post
    Thanks for getting back!

So I have tried both of the remotes:
    1. both remotes work just fine with the older box, and
    2. and the new box shows same issue no matter which remote I use.
    might have to return that new box for warranty.
    You could open it up and check that IR sensor, but opening the box would void the warranty, I would think
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Junoir Member
    yes, got this box last week.. so hopefully under warranty...
    Also I got this box from someone from Toronto.. hopefully he would be kind enough to help me out.. heh
    I will open the box only if he doesn't want to help me out.

I wonder if there is some IR remote files under android system which I could change or copy from the good working one.. just one of the couple of things in my mind..

but I really appreciate you help and time.

take a cell phone camera and take a picture of the front of the box, I think then you can see the IR sensor lite up showing on that picture you took.
    I think that works if I have stated the process correctly

if this works, then take a pic of both boxes and compare the two. You may have to function the remote to get the light but maybe not.
    then when the box fails to respond to the remote, take another picture to see if that light has changed at all.
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 03-13-2018 at 04:42 PM.
    - Frank Zappa

Junoir Member
    Yes, I can see the IR sensor.. its just next to power LED..

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast