Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    That's way to expensive for a new Iptv box and its totally brand new on the market .
    Why expend $150 on a totally new product?

Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Ipguy View Post
    That's way to expensive for a new Iptv box and its totally brand new on the market .
    Why expend $150 on a totally new product?
    Thats Canadian funds

Quote Originally Posted by NBS View Post
    Thats Canadian funds
    139.99 is the price

Code:
    https://www.allaccessandroid.com/product-page/global-media-box-4k

Thanks guys for clarifying the price.

TV Addicted
    So I guess my question would be for that price what is the benefit? I mean for 20-30 more you can get yourself a nice gently used Nvidia Shield(2015) 16GB model with still better specs..in guessing there banking on their mytv app? Anyone used it yet?

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy carl View Post
    So I guess my question would be for that price what is the benefit? I mean for 20-30 more you can get yourself a nice gently used Nvidia Shield(2015) 16GB model with still better specs..in guessing there banking on their mytv app? Anyone used it yet?
    For one thing , this is not the Nevida Shield forum section. Please do not bring comparisons into this forum like that. We all know the Nivida is ausome bro

yes, MYTV app works very well.
    No need for Kodi or other methods for IPTV services, just use the MYTV app which is onboard for the smooth functionality of an IPTV service.
    Openbox A5 uses this app in Europe and Asia too, many is where it is seen most.
    Have it installed on an Openbox used here.
    If this Global box uses that same app for IPTV services, then I gotta say that I would be pleased.
    The MYTV app on this Openbox works well and does have a few good bells and whistles with most all in the right place.
    There are a few other boxes that have this same app onboard.
    Formuler Z box also has that MYTV app onboard.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by crazed 2.0 View Post
    For one thing , this is not the Nevida Shield forum section. Please do not bring comparisons into this forum like that. We all know the Nivida is ausome bro

yes, MYTV app works very well.
    No need for Kodi or other methods for IPTV services, just use the MYTV app which is onboard for the smooth functionality of an IPTV service.
    Openbox A5 uses this app in Europe and Asia too, many is where it is seen most.
    Have it installed on an Openbox used here.
    If this Global box uses that same app for IPTV services, then I gotta say that I would be pleased.
    The MYTV app on this Openbox works well and does have a few good bells and whistles with most all in the right place.
    There are a few other boxes that have this same app onboard.
    Formuler Z box also has that MYTV app onboard.
    Ahh so it is the same app as the Formuler mytv app then..it's a very nice interface and very similar to DOL.

Getting harder and harder to choose between what's out there and what's coming out was merely what I was getting at.

Cheers

Can get these for $120-130 cad locally. I tried the original global box last summer and didn't care much for the interface. Does this one also run a modified version of stb emulator for the iptv?

Quote Originally Posted by crazy carl View Post
    Ahh so it is the same app as the Formuler mytv app then..it's a very nice interface and very similar to DOL.

Getting harder and harder to choose between what's out there and what's coming out was merely what I was getting at.

Cheers
    somehow I doubt it's the same iptv software as formuler mytv app which is a rebrand of dreamlink DOL2. My supplier is giving me one for testing today so I'll be able to provide some feedback of my own later this afternoon.
    Owned devices: Nvidia Shield (2015 & 2017), Minix X8-H Plus, U1, U9-H, Dreamlink T1, Dreamlink T1 Plus, Avov Tvonline, Global media box 4k, Mi box, Buzz xpl2000, Buzz xpl3000, T95Z Plus, Formuler Z7+ (UK & NA)

tested box tonight - here's where I'm at thus far.

- It runs a custom version of stb emu that actually works properly with no bugs (everything STB Emu should have been)
    - Switching from server to server is very easy.
    - Pic quality was good
    - Kodi performance is quick and the box appears to have proper codecs for video playback from various sources (unlike dreamlink devices). tested many servers including some that run through kodi with no noticeable drawbacks when compared to even my T95Z plus.
    - Perfect player app ran as expected for the two M3u playlist iptv services I tested
    - As with most android boxes, the remote is complete garbage as it is a basic line of sight IR, however, airmouse remote works great.
    - Wifi performance is excellent due to the external dual band antenna
    - had a weird first boot sequence in which the box only displayed settings and browser. In order to unlock I had to press 88888. There is no prompt telling you this.
    - team viewer quick support remote access does not function. Can only transfer files.
    - came loaded with kodi 17.3, youtube, PVR playback and a file manager application.
    - time display on front of device and upper right hand corner of screen displays in 24 hour format even though I've changed date&time options in settings

I will test the pvr and playback features tomorrow afternoon

So far it's a solid device, except, I can't stand the main screen interface. I might also try running a custom launcher to get around this tomorrow as well.
    Owned devices: Nvidia Shield (2015 & 2017), Minix X8-H Plus, U1, U9-H, Dreamlink T1, Dreamlink T1 Plus, Avov Tvonline, Global media box 4k, Mi box, Buzz xpl2000, Buzz xpl3000, T95Z Plus, Formuler Z7+ (UK & NA)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast