Junoir Member

New MAG 254 can't record more than a minute and screen blanks out every remote click

Hello all,

New MAG 254 owner here. I previously bought a Dreamlink T1+ but bought the MAG 254 after reading how popular it is and its ability to read m3u files.

I also bought for its recording ability. I tried recording into a USB stick using either the default 3-hour setting or from the program guide. The result has been either no file were saved to the USB drive or only about 50 seconds of the hour+ recording is was recorded.

Am I doing something wrong? The USB is formatted NTSF and already have several successful recordings from the Dreamlink.

It also has the problem of blanking out for a second for every remote click inside the IPTV section (maybe other places too). I have a 4K TV and set the video resolution to 1080p 60 mhz.

Any help is appreciated!

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    while the mag 254 is a good iptv receiver with its original Stalker, however the receiver and its onboard hardware is a few years old.
    Does do good with m3u files and with its Stalker , but just a bit behind in its onboard hardware
    The mag team is alive and current software files are always being released.
    I must not forget, we must not forget, that we are human beings.
    - Ren

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crazed 2.0 View Post
    while the mag 254 is a good iptv receiver with its original Stalker, however the receiver and its onboard hardware is a few years old.
    Does do good with m3u files and with its Stalker , but just a bit behind in its onboard hardware
    The mag team is alive and current software files are always being released.
    Does that mean my unit is defective or that's just the way it is?

I would have purchased the 256 but I've read the recording function isn't enabled. That's the main reason I purchased the hard drive.

I just received a new mag 254w and noticed only 22 seconds of recording. I thought it was a known issue that you could not record. I obviously need to review this. I will tell you I tried to format USB devices as NTFS and FAT32 and it seems it recorded to both but not more that the 22 seconds. I thought this was on the back end of the service out of our control per another thread.