Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Movie App Issues Encountered

I've been loading some of the movie apps like 1channel, Ice Films, and Los Movies. When I select any movie and it begins to play, the video is in fast motion and gets ahead of the audio immediately. The audio is fine, but the video just flies on by. I've been trying to find a button on the remote or an option on a menu to slow it down, but no luck so far. I'll report it to the Avov folks, but maybe the Avov guy on our site will see this. And by the way, the VOD movies on the TV Online app work just fine.

UPDATE: I now have a Help Desk ticket opened
    Last edited by Falcon05; 05-15-2015 at 01:13 AM.

i dont think it your box had that on my other box to0 so it must be the server

i dont think it your box had that on my other box to0 so it must be the server same thing on my tvonline box

Thanks, asft. I'll leave the ticket open. Maybe they'll get someone to check it out.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon05 View Post
    I've been loading some of the movie apps like 1channel, Ice Films, and Los Movies. When I select any movie and it begins to play, the video is in fast motion and gets ahead of the audio immediately. The audio is fine, but the video just flies on by. I've been trying to find a button on the remote or an option on a menu to slow it down, but no luck so far. I'll report it to the Avov folks, but maybe the Avov guy on our site will see this. And by the way, the VOD movies on the TV Online app work just fine.

UPDATE: I now have a Help Desk ticket opened
    Yeah I notified the guys over at MickyHop to see if there can look into the issue. Opening a ticket is usually the best way to bring an issue to attention, like you did, so good job.

EDIT: I did some of my own testing and noticed it was inconsistent and was really reliant on the server. I believe this is an issue with the link you are using and not the box itself. I notified the MickyHop team regardless in the off chance it is a bug with the box.
    Last edited by a-team; 05-15-2015 at 06:36 PM.

David, thank you. I just received an email from the support desk folks as well. I retested the movies that caused the problem and it definitely was link related. The same couple of links seemed to have the problem with multiple movies. Probably the encoding software they are using. Hope I didn't get too many folks alarmed prematurely. The support process worked perfectly and the reaction of the personnel on the Help Desk was excellent. Thanks again.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon05 View Post
    David, thank you. I just received an email from the support desk folks as well. I retested the movies that caused the problem and it definitely was link related. The same couple of links seemed to have the problem with multiple movies. Probably the encoding software they are using. Hope I didn't get too many folks alarmed prematurely. The support process worked perfectly and the reaction of the personnel on the Help Desk was excellent. Thanks again.
    No problem

unbanned christmas
    Boy I got to say this desk support of AVOV is amazing and fantastic, I hope they will keep the level of their support the way they are right now and not change it in the future and they keep back up and support their products regardless of their sales number .

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by date View Post
    Boy I got to say this desk support of AVOV is amazing and fantastic, I hope they will keep the level of their support the way they are right now and not change it in the future and they keep back up and support their products regardless of their sales number .
    We really appreciate that kind of feedback. Avov is a relatively new company and we are trying our best to stand out in the market and we take customer support very seriously. We are glad to hear that we are doing a good job and will continue to try and provide positive support to our customers.

On reading different threads here it would appear that the AVOV boxes may have a little different codec setup that shows up as more out of sync sound than freezing and jumping on unstable channels like in Kodi or on other boxes. Could that be the case David?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast