Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junoir Member

New to the Mag254 Scene and question Rgd MAC ID.s

If MAC ID,s are hard coded what would one do if they took out a donation or hooked up to some panel that the MAC ID was being used by some MAG 250 device ?......As Mag 250 is static and addresses can be made on the fly.Also am curious as to why A Mag 250 and Mag 254 could not use the same MAC ID (Not both on at same time) on the server.?...Totally baffles me as at this time only familiar with MAG 250 architecture.

Junoir Member
    Am I doing something wrong or in some kind of violation with this querie as have received no reply to question....?.

TV Addicted
    Mag Boxes have hard coded Mac Address, therefor can not have same Mac address and can not be changed.

Junoir Member
    Where can I buy a mag 254 box in Trinidad.

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by frankisback View Post
    Where can I buy a mag 254 box in Trinidad.
    The Mag 254 may not be available locally. Just do a Google search for Mag254.

Junoir Member
    So nice of someone to Hijack my Message Content so let me try again.....I realize that a MAG 254 is hard coded....What I am more interested in knowing is if there is a way to change some configuration on a Mag 350 box so it can be used on my panel using my Mag 254 Hard coded MAC ID...(not at the same time) of course...I get the message my Unit has been blocked call your provider.

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by TVEXPRESS View Post
    So nice of someone to Hijack my Message Content so let me try again.....I realize that a MAG 254 is hard coded....What I am more interested in knowing is if there is a way to change some configuration on a Mag 350 box so it can be used on my panel using my Mag 254 Hard coded MAC ID...(not at the same time) of course...I get the message my Unit has been blocked call your provider.
    All Mag mac id's are hard coded. Therefore the only thing you might be able to do is use KODI, but I do not think you can use KODI on this box.

If you're trying to use your MAG Mac address in STBemu - it may or may not work depending on the server. Some servers use more than just the MAC for authentication . A serial #, and a few other ones.

You could run wireshark and scan the packets from the box, to find those needed values, but even that isn't guaranteed to work.

So if that is what you're asking, the answer is... It depends on the server.

Quote Originally Posted by TVEXPRESS View Post

No that is not possible. A "hard coded MAC" means its physically burnt into the LAN adapter. You will not be able to accomplish this from the MAG at all. I don't think you understand what "hard coded" means? It means it can NEVER be changed - which is what you're asking. Others have said no, but then you mention "changing a setting on the MAG" to make it work.... Which won't be possible because its HARD CODED - it can NEVER be altered in any way.

There might be some kind of MAC spoofing software you could run on your router/gateway thst would remap a physical MAC to a virtual one. I don't even know if this can be done, or what software to use. You'd likely need a full Linux/BSD distro running for your router. But I don't think it will work.
    Last edited by veronicas; 08-15-2017 at 11:05 PM.

Junoir Member
    Thanks for the input...The issue was actually resolved by editing MAC ID with in my Panel allowing me to use my hard coded MAG 254 MAC ID on the MAG 250 Box until I fire the MAG 254 Box up which will lock that MAC ID until I Re Edit ID with in panel...Just sharing in case some one else is looking for a way to do the same.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast