Thread: T1 audio issues

Junoir Member

T1 audio issues

myself and a few others i know with t1's are having audio issues on some live tv channels in the DOL2 app. i also know other people who are using the same service as myself but their t1 boxes are a bit older and theirs have no issues on the same channels. i have tried everything from changing audio output settings, to reinstalling the dol app to no avail. im begging to think its a codec issue or something with this last batch of t1s. Is anyone else experiencing the same issues?

Can you downgrade to DOL version 1 and test again? I was reading a thread on reddit that sounded pretty similar to this.

They noticed that its only the DD 5.1 audio that won't play. Some users claimed DOL1 worked fine with it, and it started with DOL2. (unconfirmed)

So see if you can downgrade to DOL1. Also, many others said that they could get the audio working in Dol2 if they used a TOSLINK (fiber optic) audio cable. (Remember to switch the two audio settings). Reboot. Then test.

Hopefully one of those two will help you.

Try changing your Android sound settings to HDMI output Raw.

Quote Originally Posted by regional View Post
    myself and a few others i know with t1's are having audio issues on some live tv channels in the DOL2 app. i also know other people who are using the same service as myself but their t1 boxes are a bit older and theirs have no issues on the same channels. i have tried everything from changing audio output settings, to reinstalling the dol app to no avail. im begging to think its a codec issue or something with this last batch of t1s. Is anyone else experiencing the same issues?

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by veronicas View Post
    Can you downgrade to DOL version 1 and test again? I was reading a thread on reddit that sounded pretty similar to this.

They noticed that its only the DD 5.1 audio that won't play. Some users claimed DOL1 worked fine with it, and it started with DOL2. (unconfirmed)

So see if you can downgrade to DOL1. Also, many others said that they could get the audio working in Dol2 if they used a TOSLINK (fiber optic) audio cable. (Remember to switch the two audio settings). Reboot. Then test.

Hopefully one of those two will help you.
    Thanks for the reply! so i was having the same issue with the DOL1 before the DOL2 update came out. i have yet to try the fibre optic audio route but i have tried setting the audio output on the android sound settings to RAW as well to no avail. I have lots of friends with T1's and i have two myself. All of our older T1's the audio works on all the stations that my new T1 is having issues with. I feel as if the last batch of T1's to come out (before being discontinued) have an internal issue (or a codec issue) causing this. I have tried the a/v cable same issue, i have changed so many settings and still nothing. I will try my sound bar plugged directly into the fibre optic port as that is the last thing i have yet to do. That being said i dont know if this issue will fix it i believe its to do with the hardware. All the person i have been in email contact with who is suppose to be employed with dreamlink (unconfirmed) said is it will be addressed in the next update. That was two updates ago. Not all stations have no audio its just a handful of about 15 of them. My mind is boggled as to why its not happening on my 6 month old box, but is on the ones that myself and 4 of my friends purchased at the same time one month ago.

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ddowder View Post
    Try changing your Android sound settings to HDMI output Raw.
    Thanks for the reply! i have tried this and it didnt help. I have posted a bit more in-depth backstory in this thread. All input is greatly appreciated.