Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Questions About Freezing

Like many others ,I continue to have freezing issues on both my Mag254 and Dreamlink T1. I have tried everything that has been suggested over these past several months to no avail. It has been suggested that if I am having freezing problems (and everyone else of the same server is not) then its an issue at my end. I would normally agree with that but......If indeed the freezing problems are coming from my end *then why does it only happen to the UK channels while the USA channels are perfectly fine on both my boxes.? The freezing I experience happens any old time of day so I don't think its a timing issue. I'm no expert in IPTV *but would it be unreasonable to suggest that the freezing issue I experience is a source problem? (ie:I'm sure the originating source for the UK and USA channels are different).*
    I have a very reliable , 50MB download capacity and I have tried every possible buffer setting on both boxes and made sure each box firmware and softwares are updated.. I wish I knew the answer to this freezing problem because its not fun any more (unlike the old IKS days).

TV Addicted
    Read some of the quotes under (WHEN) maybe they will help.

Dot

Quote Originally Posted by wee-haggis View Post
    Like many others ,I continue to have freezing issues on both my Mag254 and Dreamlink T1. I have tried everything that has been suggested over these past several months to no avail. It has been suggested that if I am having freezing problems (and everyone else of the same server is not) then its an issue at my end. I would normally agree with that but......If indeed the freezing problems are coming from my end *then why does it only happen to the UK channels while the USA channels are perfectly fine on both my boxes.? The freezing I experience happens any old time of day so I don't think its a timing issue. I'm no expert in IPTV *but would it be unreasonable to suggest that the freezing issue I experience is a source problem? (ie:I'm sure the originating source for the UK and USA channels are different).*
    I have a very reliable , 50MB download capacity and I have tried every possible buffer setting on both boxes and made sure each box firmware and softwares are updated.. I wish I knew the answer to this freezing problem because its not fun any more (unlike the old IKS days).
    My 2 cents on this: I think it boils down to player choice. From the posts here, Mag254 seems problematic anymore. Perfect Player works when other options don't. Potato TV in Kodi, Simple Client pvr, Xtreme Codes. I know the Mags were billed as preferred method a couple of years ago but now it seems like other options are better.

I don't have freezing on UK channels using Kodi and no MAC. It's all about trying all the different options for different players. I know that's not necessarily helpful to hear when you've purchased equipment already but with the constant changes, my experience is to try different options. Some work better than others. Personally, I don't seem to be getting freeze/buffer anymore with Kodi or Perfect Player.

(Fast PC /8Gb /win7 /kodi17.3 /PotatoTV&Simple Client /P2 /65Mb bw /Eastern Timezone)
    Lately I have had freezing and hanging on most, but not all UK Streams as well. Most US streams OK.
    I have seen many users mentioning problems similar to this on many platforms, so you are not alone.

Just FYI
    /kens

TV Addicted
    I can't get over this.... This is becoming laughable... I have been with this service from the start. Only have 6 meg service that gives a reliable 5.5 - 5.8 meg service. I live in an area so far out that cable companies will never run it to this neighbourhood. I also have a three year old Mag 254. The bottom line is when the service is working it is working. When it is freezing it is freezing. Period. You can spend all the money you want on another box...

("My 2 cents on this: I think it boils down to player choice. From the posts here, Mag254 seems problematic anymore.") This is an almost favourite comment amongst the forums. Then there is this one....

("You need super fast internet. I was thinking of going to 12 meg from 6. But it seems I will never be able to watch IPTV because my internet isn't fast enough...")

Well my friends the truth is I watch just fine when the service is running properly. I can roam the Internet and watch TV along with talk on my Magic Jack at the same time all on 6 meg Internet service. I know it is the service because when things get "Choppy", I fire up my 35 dollar Android box and Kodi. Then go to the same channel on that and it plays with no problems. That rules out my connection, My speed, and anything on my end.

This is work in progress. I compare it to the early days of cable when you had about 12 channels and maybe it would be on after work and maybe not. Cable took close to 10 years in my area to be anything close to dependable. To this day some systems still go out due to stormy weather.

When this started I figured to give it about 5 years till most of the bugs get worked out. I tell that to all my friends I have shared this information with. Finally there are other things to consider. Sometimes the ISP will simply be overloaded someplace. That is a constant as ISP's continue to replace and improve equipment. Just last year I had intermittent service. Finally called my ISP to Biatch. At that time I was informed that they were replacing equipment at the local switching station so they could handle the extra load. That took 6 months! But now the connection is better than ever. Like I said, TV, Talk, Roam all at once on 6 meg max service. End of chapter. End of story. End of book.

So if you want to spend money on other boxes, go ahead. Just remember that everyone is a spokesman for something and it always is perfect. So you might spend quite a bit in the end. just get the box that has the features you want, then be patient for another couple years. Wait for the service to be completely built as now this seems to be a work in progress. Don't be chewing out the Mods as it certainly is not their fault. And get a back up. I have fixed income. My backup is an Android box with Kodi. And if something goes out right at the end of a show? I watch it on Hulu or something! TV does not rule me. I rule TV!
    Just my humble opinion based on all my observations as I walk through life.
    Wish all a great day!

Quote Originally Posted by expatter View Post
    My 2 cents on this: I think it boils down to player choice. From the posts here, Mag254 seems problematic anymore. Perfect Player works when other options don't. Potato TV in Kodi, Simple Client pvr, Xtreme Codes. I know the Mags were billed as preferred method a couple of years ago but now it seems like other options are better.

I don't have freezing on UK channels using Kodi and no MAC. It's all about trying all the different options for different players. I know that's not necessarily helpful to hear when you've purchased equipment already but with the constant changes, my experience is to try different options. Some work better than others. Personally, I don't seem to be getting freeze/buffer anymore with Kodi or Perfect Player.
    I would normally agree with you expatter, but I have the same identical issue with both my Mag254 and my Dreamlink T1.

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldan View Post
    i can't get over this.... This is becoming laughable... I have been with this service from the start. Only have 6 meg service that gives a reliable 5.5 - 5.8 meg service. I live in an area so far out that cable companies will never run it to this neighbourhood. I also have a three year old mag 254. The bottom line is when the service is working it is working. When it is freezing it is freezing. Period. You can spend all the money you want on another box...

("my 2 cents on this: I think it boils down to player choice. From the posts here, mag254 seems problematic anymore.") this is an almost favourite comment amongst the forums. Then there is this one....

("you need super fast internet. I was thinking of going to 12 meg from 6. But it seems i will never be able to watch iptv because my internet isn't fast enough...")

well my friends the truth is i watch just fine when the service is running properly. I can roam the internet and watch tv along with talk on my magic jack at the same time all on 6 meg internet service. I know it is the service because when things get "choppy", i fire up my 35 dollar android box and kodi. Then go to the same channel on that and it plays with no problems. That rules out my connection, my speed, and anything on my end.

This is work in progress. I compare it to the early days of cable when you had about 12 channels and maybe it would be on after work and maybe not. Cable took close to 10 years in my area to be anything close to dependable. To this day some systems still go out due to stormy weather.

When this started i figured to give it about 5 years till most of the bugs get worked out. I tell that to all my friends i have shared this information with. Finally there are other things to consider. Sometimes the isp will simply be overloaded someplace. That is a constant as isp's continue to replace and improve equipment. Just last year i had intermittent service. Finally called my isp to biatch. At that time i was informed that they were replacing equipment at the local switching station so they could handle the extra load. That took 6 months! But now the connection is better than ever. Like i said, tv, talk, roam all at once on 6 meg max service. End of chapter. End of story. End of book.

So if you want to spend money on other boxes, go ahead. Just remember that everyone is a spokesman for something and it always is perfect. So you might spend quite a bit in the end. Just get the box that has the features you want, then be patient for another couple years. Wait for the service to be completely built as now this seems to be a work in progress. Don't be chewing out the mods as it certainly is not their fault. And get a back up. I have fixed income. My backup is an android box with kodi. And if something goes out right at the end of a show? I watch it on hulu or something! Tv does not rule me. I rule tv!
    Just my humble opinion based on all my observations as i walk through life.
    Wish all a great day!
    ^ this this...yea and this ^

TV Addicted
    I will say mine has ran flawless this week so far on a MI android box.

dont discount part of the problems being caused by ISP's "Throttling" user down during peak periods (usually when our users need the bandwidth).
    If you have a 6 Mb service, i bet if you check your contract, it will state that your minimum guaranteed bw during peek periods my go as low as 1.2 Mb or less.
    during the IKS days, I had a 6mb service, and during peak periods, the minimum was 200kb.

Dont believe me. Check your details.

/kens

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by kens View Post
    dont discount part of the problems being caused by ISP's "Throttling" user down during peak periods (usually when our users need the bandwidth).
    If you have a 6 Mb service, i bet if you check your contract, it will state that your minimum guaranteed bw during peek periods my go as low as 1.2 Mb or less.
    during the IKS days, I had a 6mb service, and during peak periods, the minimum was 200kb.

Dont believe me. Check your details.

/kens
    I have and uh... no. My company don't throttle me. Only 6 meg but unlimited. When one pays for unlimited service, throttling it is breech of contract because they are limiting data. After reading your post I double checked my paperwork. When things act up first thing I did was check speed. That said, they can't promise top speed, (6 meg in my case), because the equipment can only handle so much. Just like a freeway, too many cars for the number of lanes. My advantage is I live in the sticks. So traffic here is at a minimum. My speeds do vary from close to 5 meg to a shade over 6 mbps. (Which I hardly see) I do realise that some do the throttle thing. Just not in my case.
    I also ask about that when I renew every year. I call them every year and negotiate a price. Keeps my bill low. I just tell them I'm fixed income and only so much to spend. Period. Amazing what a little negotiation can do when you tell them you'll just go elsewhere if it gets too expensive or service gets too slow. Been with them for almost 20 years now. Have a great day!
    Last edited by Digitaldan; 06-24-2017 at 01:06 AM. Reason: clarification

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast