Junoir Member

Question Smart-STB on LG WebOS 3.X questions

Has any one had any luck getting this working 100%?
    For me it seems that channels dont work that well sometimes... VOD has never worked for me and I dont see anything in the Radio section (I dont even know if this is offered lol)

I've tried changing the player to safe mode in settings and it doesnt seem to do anything.
    Using VLC I have far less issues.

TV Addicted
    I have smart-stb on LG, in my case i am getting stb blocked. How did you manage to make it work?

get active
    I have an LG smart tv and ever since I bought it, I would never allow it to connect to the internet. The license agreements were something I would never agree to as LG depends on most owners never reading them. I use a USB thumbdrive to update the LG Tv firmware and I do not allow bluetooth to connect to the tv nor the tv bluetooth or internet to connect to anything. I turn off the camera, telephone, internet, bluetooth, microphone and updates on the Tv and use my Android Tv set top box to connect to the internet and my bluetooth devices but not the tv. LG uses its software to control what gets loaded, what doesn't, what works, what doesn't. LG has many signed agreements with several software, entertainment and other companies to monitor what you watch, how you watch it, when you watch it and whatever else they want to do via remote access and control management.

TV Addicted
    Thanks for the reply, just wanted to know how you made it work for yourself because there is technical issue which is rocket forces you to use a MAC starts with 1A and smart-stb team don't have an option for editing custom MACs....crown IPTV and super IPTV working like a charm. so this has nothing to do with LG or the entertainment industry

get active
    Quote Originally Posted by asoo256 View Post
    Thanks for the reply, just wanted to know how you made it work for yourself because there is technical issue which is rocket forces you to use a MAC starts with 1A and smart-stb team don't have an option for editing custom MACs....crown IPTV and super IPTV working like a charm. so this has nothing to do with LG or the entertainment industry
    I "think" the STB Emulator app has to be sideloaded onto the LG Tv although I'm not entirely certain if this can be done due to LG may or may not allow sideloading. Once the STB Emulator app has been loaded, ( by whatever means), the mac address can then be changed within that app. Note: The mac starts with 00:1A:78 or 00:1A:79 and then the last 6 digits of your real mac address. LG does use remote management which does control some aspects of your LG Tv which does, ( have some restrictions on what app or software gets loaded and what doesn't get loaded ). I can only suggest you try loading the app and then configure the app which has a way of changing the mac within the app and this mac relates to the app when its being used. The changed mac doesn't relate to the mac on the TV or other apps you may have already loaded.

Depending on the LG firmware version, some versions differ from other versions and some additional restrictions may have been implemented
    Last edited by Deadwood; 03-04-2018 at 08:14 PM.