Vixo 2 & Kodi 17

Kodi 17.3 is available in the Vixo 2 market and it downloads but won't install. Anyone having the same problem? Have you got it to install and if so how?
    From H to HU to FTA to M8 box and now to Avov TVOnline and now running Avov ViXO 2. Fifteen plus years of testing.

TV Addicted
    You won't be able to install it. The vixo 2 has an older version of android OS and kodi 17 needs at least version 5 android OS to install. Thanks

Thanks for getting back. Bummer, so basically the box is good for nothing more then a paper weight now?
    From H to HU to FTA to M8 box and now to Avov TVOnline and now running Avov ViXO 2. Fifteen plus years of testing.

Quote Originally Posted by dtvbandit View Post
    Thanks for getting back. Bummer, so basically the box is good for nothing more then a paper weight now?
    Well it does have forks of Kodi to use.
    As far as the TVOnline app use the stbemu instead as it has a way better EPG.

The Avov TVOnline 4 box is the only older box from them that can run the Kodi 17 app.
    Again though if you have one of those use the stbemu for a way better EPG.

I cannot comment on there newer boxes as I will never buy another Avov box. Reason being is that they stopped support on there older gear which tells me there more interested in getting peoples money than supporting there gear.

Older Avov boxes I have seen at second hand stores for really really cheap but me I wont buy at any price.

I have to agree with you Barry. I have two avov boxes currently (vixo 2 and a TVonline4) and I won't buy another. Thanks for the tip on the STBEMU as I never knew that. A friend mentioned that he has started using a Raspberry PI (also a former Avov user) and that you can add whatever you want as its more like a computer. He said its very stable. When I bought my TVonline 4 the remote never worked properly and I emailed AVOV hoping for a replacement and they wouldn't even consider even though the box was a few months old. They are also to slow to introduce updates. After 4 Avov boxes in total my Avov days are over.

Thanks again for the tip.