Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Fire From Within

Urgent News - Add-ons being taken down

This thread will be for news about add-ons being shut down due to "retirements". Please post only from 'reliable' sources, but no live links.

Fire From Within

Phoenix, one242415, cCloud, SALTS

Code:
     http://koditips.com/kodi-addons-taken-offline-ccloud-one242415/
    The complete list of current addons taken down is below. If you want to see for yourself, you can visit the repository of those addons and see that the directories are currently empty. If you try to install the addons in Kodi, you will likely find the same thing.

• cCloud – Taken down ‘temporarily’ until further notice
    • SALTs – Development is moving on froom tknorris to k3l3vra and k3l3vra will be releasing his own repo soon. Straight from tknorris: For a while now the pace of development of SALTS has slowed as there hasn’t been much to add to it and it works well enough that I don’t have to stay on top of it. Due to that, I’ve kind of lost interest in it. In that time all of you have seen k3l3vra has really stepped up and in the forum and what most of you have not seen, also behind the scenes been helping as well. With someone reliable to take over development and my lack of interest, it’s a signal that it’s time for me to retire from SALTS development. I will continue to work on my other addons like the premiumize addon, urlresolver, and apple trailers and will advise k3l3vra when he asks for it.In a short while, I will push an update to my beta repo that removes all SALTS and 1CH related addons from it. In the coming days look for k3l3vra to release a repo that includes SALTS and 1CH.It’s been a fun ride and while I’m retiring from these addons, I’m not going far and will continue to monitor this ID and these forums.
    • One242415 – The addon is official being shut down forever. Straight from One242415 in his addon: I am removing my addon for good. It was a hell of a ride for me. First starting off with Navi-X, then with Mashup, then with Phoenix, and for two months with my own add-on. Thank you all for supporting One242415!! PS: I will not be back I’m closing down for good! This addon will be closed within a few days
    • Phoenix – The addon is being shut down forever. From Cosmix: In light of current events we have decided to close down phoenix. This is not something that was easy for us to do; we have all formed a bond that cannot be broken as a team and have a HUGE support base that we are thankful of. I can speak for myself when i say thank you to everybody that has ever been involved in phoenix and it will always be one of my fondest memories.
    • All of Echo Coder’s addons – Echo Documentaries, Echo Guide, Sportie, etc – Confirmed on Twitter by Echo.
    • Vortex – From Rockcrusher on Twitter – @DreamWeaver0101 and myself are very saddened to announce that Vortex is now offline and will not be returning. Thanks for your support 🙂
    • UK Turk – On Twitter, he said he wasn’t leaving, but his add-on has been removed from the repo. His message on Twitter: Guys im not going anywhere but sum of u mite have noticed the live stuff has been taken down for the time being until this blows over
    Last edited by dara; 06-07-2017 at 03:39 AM.

Fire From Within

Zem

Code:
     http://koditips.com/zem-kodi-addon-shani-live-sports-tv/
    June 4th: Unfortunately, the Zem Kodi addon has been taken offline. Per shani, the popularity of the addon made it hard to keep streams online. This news leaves a big gap in the Kodi live TV space, but we respect shani’s decision.

--
    There is also a 'story' that the developer and tvaddons is being sued by D***

Code:
     https://torrentfreak.com/dish-network-sues-zemtv-and-tv-addons-for-copyright-infringement-170605/
    American satellite and broadcast provider Dish Network has filed a lawsuit against Kodi add-on ZemTV and TVAddons.ag, the largest add-on library. The complaint accuses ZemTV of direct copyright infringement of various TV channels. TVAddons is liable for distributing the addon in question, according to the complaint.

Sorry to see Phoenix closing down........That addon was one of my favorites for a long time.......................too bad................

Ministry of Defence
    A lot of good addons going the way of the do do

Curious though why dish is going after an addon when there are multiple companies profiting from there channels where are zem was only taking donations interesting
    If I helped you why haven't you clicked my rep power

Fire From Within

IsraelLive was changed to GlobeTV. They removed all their Israei TV Live links... due to the same general reason why the others were taken offline.

Fire From Within

Podgod announced his repo will be closed... included Pro Sport and Hey Now (Howard Stern Show)

Fire From Within

From Koditips (same link above)

All of Echo Coder’s addons – Echo Documentaries, Echo Guide, Sportie, etc – Confirmed on Twitter by Echo.

Fire From Within

Updated post #2. Echo repo, Vortex down forever. UK Turks is temporarily down.

It appears most free addons that had live TV links are either being modified to remove, or just closing shop.

I had noticed Origin Repo stopped working a while back......it carried an addon I liked a lot ( Sanctuary) .......It has been rejuvenated by others and is now repository.sanctuary-1.0.0 ..................Great

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast