Thread: 16Gb vs 500Gb

Junoir Member

16Gb vs 500Gb

Going to be purchasing an Nvidia Shield in the next few weeks because this M8S Android box I've got is load of junk.

From what I can see, there are two options, hard drive capacity of 16Gb and 500Gb which is a considerable difference.

If the primary use will be for streaming, what are the non-obvious benefits for such a increase in internal storage? Surely 16Gb is sufficient if not going to be used for I don't know, presumably having the space to store games on there?

Pinball Wizard
    Get a 16G, you dont need a 500 GB storage. I added a SanDisk Ultra Fit 128GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive for $28 at amazon to by Nvidia just for extra apps and to not overload the space that i have and it works great. Enjoy you Nvidia Shield they are awesome.

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Laser View Post
    Get a 16G, you dont need a 500 GB storage. I added a SanDisk Ultra Fit 128GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive for $28 at amazon to by Nvidia just for extra apps and to not overload the space that i have and it works great. Enjoy you Nvidia Shield they are awesome.
    Thanks, that's what I was thinking - nice one

I guess I'm the sucker that got the 500 GB lol

TV Addicted
    Well the good part about the 500gb model is that you don't have to worry about setting up an NAS for live tv if you have a plex pass

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by torontoqueen View Post
    I guess I'm the sucker that got the 500 GB lol
    The 500 has a better remote that works via Bluetooth , if I am not mistaken, also it has a head phone jack at the top of the remote for head sets for when the wife of kids are asleep )

The 16g Remote only works with infrared , But no Bluetooth Don't Quote me on this. but I now it is something to that nature. I will be looking at both and compare sizes before I make my decision. I am done with other boxes.

TV Addicted
    500GB doesn't have a true SSD it's a hybrid mechanical drive and is slower to boot etc. I have both I love my 16gb. 500GB is overkill.

A waste of money ....the 16 gig is perfectly fine.