Thread: Need a router

Need a router

I have an old D-link WBR-1310 but it has done it's days.
    I need a router to use for my VPN connection but I need one that will accept vpn url eg xxx.123vpn.net and not the ip address eg 87.100.xxx.10.
    Any suggestions???

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tinydread View Post
    I need a router to use for my VPN connection but I need one that will accept vpn url eg xxx.123vpn.net and not the ip address eg 87.100.xxx.10.
    Any suggestions???

Asus 88u.
    most of the Asus line of routers have vpn capabilities. Also 3rd party Merlin firmware.

Junoir Member
    I'm using Shellfire Box VPN Routers. This one is a tiny little device and I purchased the box with premium packages and get either one or two years of service and access to servers in more than 33 countries.

I use a Linksys WRT1900AC. I flashed new firmware and installed ExpressVPN in it. The installation went smoothly and, as I recall, took about five minutes.
    Linux, Kodi 16.1/17.6

get active
    Quote Originally Posted by tinydread View Post
    Any suggestions???
    I would advise you to search out some router reviews that are not based on any particular makes or models as some like to promote " The best routers for 2017" which are more likely to be based on the promoters of the products and the website hosting their products. Try going to Amazon and reading personal reviews and make your choice based on non biased owners. Regardless of claims or choices, focus on routers that are AC routers with good range, speed and has the firmware that meets or exceeds your personal requirements. Trendnet AC routers provide plenty of speed especially if they are matched up with wifi adapters installed on your devices. Asus has some good products as does many of the other main line manufacturers. Most will provide 1300mb/s wifi with matched adapters but those that claim higher speeds are usually higher priced and limited to lab conditions.

I own and use Asus RT AC5300 routers and they work well but over rated and there are better choices for less money.
    Last edited by Deadwood; 11-20-2017 at 06:39 PM.